WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Rolex 24 hours on TV

patsbimmer1

The Rolex 24 is the start to Sports Car racing in the U.S. and something I look forward to every year!  I'm glad to see Fox increasing their live coverage every year and this year we get a full 16 hours of the race!  I'm that weird guy that will sit in front of my TV for as much of this as possible as well as have IMSA radio going on my laptop to keep up with it all.  I thought I'd share the TV schedule with everyone for anyone who's interested.

http://www.imsa.com/articles/2016-television-schedules-weathertech-championship-and-continental-tire-challenge-announced

1 hour ago, straight6pwr said:

can't say i've ever sat and watched more than a highlight reel of a 24hr race, might have to give it a try!

i find auto racing on tv to be like golf on tv: i love the sport, but it is hard to watch because i don't care who wins.

I hear ya!  I'm not as focused on the driver as much as I'll root for a team or manufacturer.

I actually prefer watching a televised version, it is easier to follow who is leading, watching the battles for position, and hearing more about the teams from the commentators. 
I love being at RA as well, but I always go back and watch the race again to see what happened in other portions of the track. 
All of the stuff from Tudor Championship is on YouTube at 720p 60fps :) 

4 minutes ago, KaiserRolls said:

Any way I can watch this online?

You can try imsa.com

8 minutes ago, DrLeadFoot said:

I'm super pumped!! Might buy some mountain dew and do this the right way.

I've got a family gathering tomorrow at 4 and i'm going to try and slip this on the tv... but as soon as i get home, i've got a 24 pack of dew waiting for me!