WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New guy in MKE

bluE92

Hey guys, just joined here per a co-workers recommendation. I recently picked up an 09 E92 M3 and am just getting into the BMW world. I got an incredible "winter-special" price on the car and had it shipped from New York. It's fully loaded with every imaginable option and it's my favorite color so I had to jump on it. I also own a bugeye WRX and have been a Subaru geek basically since I started driving. I'm keeping the Subie around for winter-duty and maybe some track time this year so the M stays tucked away for winter. Anyways, here's some pics of the new toy after washing it and getting it prepped for winter storage!

B89B0629-9767-48BA-85D9-53802722431F.jpg

C9EC689A-4249-4771-BDDF-FEFF6106D33A.jpg

7384CDF2-CE7B-49E0-BB9D-34DDE011D755.jpg

911EDA7E-D831-4D16-B0BA-005614CB9114.jpg

imagejpg1.jpg

Debating what to do about window tint. I'm either going to do 20% or 35% but can't decide. I had 20% on the Subie and got 2 points and a ticket for it a few years ago so I had it redone with 35% and no issues since.

Also not sure about the front plate. I might just take it off and get some painted plugs for the holes. Either that or keep it legal and just add an OEM plate frame to dress it up a little bit. Any thoughts?

Get rid of the front plate. F the police. Front plates look like shit. As far as tint I think my e92 are 35% they were allready tinted when I bought it. It seems to look classier then the dark 20%. Kinda what I am debateing on with my e30 windows. Oh yea by the way...love the M3 and that blue doe. E92 M3 is still out of my reach. But someday

Get rid of the front plate. F the police. Front plates look like shit. As far as tint I think my e92 are 35% they were allready tinted when I bought it. It seems to look classier then the dark 20%. Kinda what I am debateing on with my e30 windows. Oh yea by the way...love the M3 and that blue doe. E92 M3 is still out of my reach. But someday

Thanks, the blue was one of the factors that sealed the deal for me :). Keep your eyes peeled man! Since the M4 release, E92 prices have dropped pretty substantially. Lots of folks are getting out of leases now too so the market is pretty broad. I thought it was out of my reach too but after some digging I was surprised to find that a nice low-mileage E92 can be had in the low-mid 30s. If you're patient and don't mind searching nationwide, they are an incredible value!

Welcome.  You actually got a 2 point ticket for the tint??  Hmmm.....I've been given warnings and fix-it tickets a few times for my 20%, but never a point ticket.

I was pulled over by a state trooper on 41 around Appleton area and got a warning for no front plate, 7mph over the limit, too dark tint, too low, and illegal exhaust.  The officer was very nice.....but still wrote up everything possible.