WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Thoughts on NASCAR?

andyhundley

Guest 328ci

Everyone should watch the Top Gear episode where Richard goes to Texas motor speedway. Gives a good perspective on it then the usual "rednecks driving in a circle" diagnosis. Its a lot more than that 

really, i think watching 300 laps/3 hours of ANY race is pretty boring, 24hr LeMans, Nascar, etc.

Nascar i dislike because the idea that the fans are excited by crashes and the sport is designed to allow them versus discourage them.  obviously, the drivers have made the choice to risk their lives, but that still doesn't make it OK to me. (this is also why i hate fighting sports)

also, i have driven a stock car. it was unrefined and awful. sounded amazing and was fun to drive on the milwaukee mile, but the car itself was the most un-cool part of the experience. oh yeah and the bastards claimed it was the same car the pros drive, but you could tell it had a limiter on it. when I asked them about it after driving, they just denied it.

Guest pilotjoe

I watch it off and on, but I haven't really been "into it" for many years. I'm a huge fan of Formula 1 and sports cars, and also watch motorcycle racing.

Joe

"Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat"

I watch it off and on, but I haven't really been "into it" for many years. I'm a huge fan of Formula 1 and sports cars, and also watch motorcycle racing.

Joe

"Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat"

I love motorcycle racing and super cross/motocross. The only issues with that is privateers have almost zero chance of winning. But that's the way it seems to go in most large racing orgs.