WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New Daily: 1992 E34 525i 5spd

Earl

John came over with two coils.

When I took the engine cover off you could see already that the coil for cylinder one had the connector cracking off. When I pulled it out and looked in the plug hole there was a bunch of water. We proceeded to pull the coils to check for more water. The first three holes were pretty full. The last three didnt seem to get wet. I put Johns coil in for cylinder one and put it all back together and it ran awesome.

We then took it on a run through the woods and it was running great. After getting out of the woods it started to have a slight misfire again and then idled bad. We stopped at our destination but it ended up being closed.

I let John drive to our next destination. It slowly seemed like the misfire went away. I let John drive it back to my house then and it didnt misfire the whole way.

We worked on Johns car and then watched some Trailer Park Boys. Right before John left we took it for a ride and the misfire was gone. I am thinking one of the plugs was all funky. I might change them since I drove 40 minutes home with one cylinder not firing.

• 2 weeks later...