WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Official-look-what-i-found-thread (craigslist, other-forums, etc)

alexw

7 minutes ago, Jdesign said:

Its a hit or miss deal imo. Sure its cheap for the miles, but it could also need an entire new motor. Its a damn gamble.

With that said, I had a friend pick a 335i coupe up this weekend for $4k and all it need was coolant LOL.

Agreed. Could be something simple, could be the whole motor. Which I know from experience are very expensive to swap out after all miscellaneous related items.

Agreed. Could be something simple, could be the whole motor. Which I know from experience are very expensive to swap out after all miscellaneous related items.
I saw this ad the other day and was considering buying it as well to swap (fix and sell) or make it a good daily but with the headgasket being blown due to overheating I was a little skeptical about the motor having more serious issues (really warped or cracked head, blown motor, etc.)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, suspenceful said:

I paid $2500 for one with 90k miles. No turbos. Plus a core charge. They're not cheap.

So $5500 and that's without labor and all the other unknowns(coolant, gaskets, etc).. Hmmm I think I will pass. Most cars I go look at in Chicago are 7 times worse when you get there.

6 minutes ago, Jdesign said:

So $5500 and that's without labor and all the other unknowns(coolant, gaskets, etc).. Hmmm I think I will pass. Most cars I go look at in Chicago are 7 times worse when you get there.

Yeah, it's on the borderline of a good deal, depending on what kind of project it is. He's firm on the price. I'm gonna sleep on it.

1 minute ago, suspenceful said:

Yeah, it's on the borderline of a good deal, depending on what kind of project it is. He's firm on the price. I'm gonna sleep on it.

You are considering it? I guess you will know what you are doing and what to look for at this point. LOL

5 minutes ago, Jdesign said:

You are considering it? I guess you will know what you are doing and what to look for at this point. LOL

Only thing keeping me interested is that I literally have everything to fix it, in spare parts. I could use my old motor if it ends up needing the whole thing, would just have to throw a used piston in it. And I'm very familiar with these cars.