WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

2009 328i xDrive Coupe, bought earlier this month

Guest norsairius

Guest norsairius

I saw this forum mentioned in the regional section at Bimmerforums (though I'm more active at Bimmerfest's forums) and I thought I'd join in and say hey! I'm not new to cars and I have a reputation among my friends and family for even being a bit crazy about them. I like to discuss the more technical stuff about cars more so than most of my friends, so it's always nice to find enthusiasts here and there.

I am however, new to the BMW world. Prior to getting my car I had only driven a friend's BMW Z4 way back probably around 2005-2006 and it was simply awesome. I've since had my fair share of cars, but none of them even come close to the driving experience my car delivers, so I'm quite happy to be here!

I picked up a 2009 BMW 328i xDrive earlier this month from Concours BMW and I've enjoyed it every day since then. I always look forward to having excuses to go out for a drive! It had to spend the night at the dealership for the battery cable recall and to replace the "gladhand" on the passenger side though. The dealership gave me a 2013 328xi as a loaner and I was actually happy to have my car back (that's another story in itself)!

Anyway, just introducing myself. Hello everyone!

Guest norsairius

Thanks!

No good pics yet! I'm hoping to get some better pics tomorrow (er, later today?) if the weather permits. Forecast is looking pretty good, so I'll hopefully get to snap a few pics.

Guest norsairius

Got a some pics of the car on this grey Milwaukee morning! I'm sure you've all seen an E92 before, but here's mine!

MAM_bmw_front.jpg

MAM_bmw_back.jpg

The car is completely stock. The only modification I have planned right now are black kidney grilles. Any sites that members around here like to order from for their cars?

I like to discuss the more technical stuff about cars more so than most of my friends, so it's always nice to find enthusiasts here and there.

I picked up a 2009 BMW 328i xDrive earlier this month from Concours BMW and I've enjoyed it every day since then. I always look forward to having excuses to go out for a drive! It had to spend the night at the dealership for the battery cable recall and to replace the "gladhand" on the passenger side though. The dealership gave me a 2013 328xi as a loaner and I was actually happy to have my car back (that's another story in itself)!

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have another BMW geek on board ;) Next time you stop in to Concours, say hi to Rampelsauce or I, we both work in the ATO and most likely gave you that F30.

Wow someone actuall read the wi bord in Bimmer forums? Sweet car what building is in the back ground

Thats the Milwaukee Art Museum. Its a great place for photo shoots!

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have another BMW geek on board ;) Next time you stop in to Concours, say hi to Rampelsauce or I, we both work in the ATO and most likely gave you that F30.

Wait you can get me a radio code? I'm afraid to disconnect the battery in my e46 it was scary having a live positive cable hanging around changing my gasket

Guest norsairius

That's funny! Don't know if you're the guy who gave me the keys to the F30, but I dropped my car off first thing in the morning this past Wednesday and made a remark how funny it was that McLovin's ID was used as the example pic on that placard that showed everything you needed on hand for a loaner car.

But my main complaints on the F30 are that the steering is too light, though still precise and not necessarily numb, and the turbo 4 just doesn't sound that good. It is otherwise perfectly capable of hauling ass and the car still handles very well. That and I wouldn't mind the better gas mileage. The E9x just feels more engaging to drive.

Wow someone actuall read the wi bord in Bimmer forums? Sweet car what building is in the back ground

Yeah, as CYoung said, it's the Milwaukee Art Museum. It was featured in Transformers 3, been in a few Victoria's Secret commercials, and been the set for a lot of automotive brochure/advertisement photoshoots. The staff there said that Hyundai and Porsche regularly use the space.

Guest norsairius

gorgeous car, nice shots too! It could be one of the last NA inline 6 engines ever made!!!

I would check bimmerworld, turner motorsports, and bav auto for e9x parts.

Thanks! I found Turner Motorsports last night, but I'll check out the others. And yeah, I agree, the inline 6 is so nice. It'd be a shame to see it go!

That's funny! Don't know if you're the guy who gave me the keys to the F30, but I dropped my car off first thing in the morning this past Wednesday and made a remark how funny it was that McLovin's ID was used as the example pic on that placard that showed everything you needed on hand for a loaner car.

But my main complaints on the F30 are that the steering is too light, though still precise and not necessarily numb, and the turbo 4 just doesn't sound that good. It is otherwise perfectly capable of hauling ass and the car still handles very well. That and I wouldn't mind the better gas mileage. The E9x just feels more engaging to drive.

Could be anyone of my co-workers then as I work evenings over there. Maybe Zach will recognize you at a meet. Next time you get a F30, put the driving dynamics to Sport (toggle switch next to the shifter), that will tighten up the electric steering and suspension. I agree the engine doesn't sound great either, but all the new turbo engines are lacking in noise :mellow:

Guest jafza412

Nice ride and cool pic. You'll need drop too. xDrive = Monster Truck

Welcome. Good to see another E92, Jamil won't be alone then. Haha

Haha word!

• 2 weeks later...

Wait you can get me a radio code? I'm afraid to disconnect the battery in my e46 it was scary having a live positive cable hanging around changing my gasket

My e46 doesn't have a radio code, I disconnected the battery to remove the GM V module and the radio still works.  I might have had to reselect the stations but that's it.

My e46 doesn't have a radio code, I disconnected the battery to remove the GM V module and the radio still works.  I might have had to reselect the stations but that's it.

thanks for the info i figured it would be like my e36 and e38. a no longer have a radio in the e36 and i got the code from the e38 from where chris works. nice to know i shouldnt need one if i have to do something again

Guest norsairius

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. No real plans yet except potentially a black kidney grille inserts and LED angel eye lights. No rush to do them though.

I feel like I've seen your red E92 around, but I can't remember where.