WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Ever dream of working at a BMW Dealership?

YoungCR

Now's your chance! ;)

My old position as a lot attendant at Concours BMW is now open as I have transfered over to pre-owned. This is a Part-Time position in the Alternate Transportation Office (ATO). You would be directly working with Zach (Rampelsauce) and I would train you during your first week. Here are some basics on the job.

Main Duties:

• Wash customer cars
  • Wash/maintain loaner vehicles at night and on saturdays
  • Write Contracts/Hand out loaner vehicles
  • Give occasional shuttle rides, deliver vehicles/other adventures
  • Test drive vehicles for technician
  • Greet customers in the service drive, do basic maintenance such as fluid top offs, air up tires, change wiper blades and light bulbs, etc.
  • Check in new vehicles off the transport truck!
Work/Pay:

• Pay starts at $8.50+ an hour
  • Total of 26 hours per week minimum
  • 3:30-8pm Mon-Thursday and 9am-5pm Saturdays
  • Scheduling is very flexible and can be extended to full time during summer
Benefits:

• Your boss will be awesome, seriously Tom is the shit.
  • You get to work with Zach and a lot of other cool people
  • M3, M5, M6, Z8. If it was made after 1995 you will get to drive it at somepoint within the next year.
  • Get to know the tech's and detailers and they will hook you up!
  • What could be more fun than getting paid to drive someone else's car?!
  • Work for a company that treats its employee's very well, FREE Catered Lunches on saturday while on the clock!

Detailed Description:

The position title is Lot Coordinator/Lot Attendant working out of the Alternate Transportation Office in the Concours BMW Service Department. There are two main duties of a lot attendant at BMW: giving out loaners and washing cars. Service loaners are given out to customers while their cars are being worked on. It would be your job to fill out loaner contracts on the computer by inputing driver's license, credit card and insurance information. After customer cars are serviced each car is washed, vacuumed and parked in the customer pick-up rows. Greeting customers in the service drive is also a shared duty with the service writers. If they are on the phones/busy with a customer, all you have to do is walk up and ask "how can i help you?" and point them in the right direction. Often customers will simply just need their fluids topped off or air put into there tires if they are not coming in for a appointment.

As the night lot-attendent, you get the special job of washing loaner vehicles after service closes at 5:30. This includes washing and vacuuming in addition to topping off the gas and spot cleaning any mess in the interior. There are also loaner pick-up appointments scheduled during your shift (up to two per night on average) so you would need to handle those customers. Being the only person in the service department after 5:30 it would also be your responsibility to handle customers in the service drive. Having a cell-phone is basically required as you may be called by the cashier if a customer arrives for an appointment while you are over at the car wash.

There are also other misc. odd jobs that you will encounter such as shuttle rides for picking up/dropping off customers that didn't get/need a loaner, delivering/picking up customer cars at various locations, doing test drives for check engine lights or other things specified by a technician. When vehicle transports in, its your job to inspect each vehicle coming off the truck for damage and to make sure it has its books/keys before signing over for it (its like signing for a package on a bigger scale). Then vehicles are checked in doing a small amount of paperwork.

REQUIREMENTS

• Must have a valid drivers license
  • Have a clean driving record, More than 1 speeding ticket and you likely won't get the job.
  • Must know how to drive a manual transmission. (Shouldn't be a problem for members here)
  • Must be dependable and have great customer service skills. "Where service makes the difference"

How do I apply?

You can pm/facebook/text me for more details on the position although I've covered almost everything in this post. I would suggest applying in person at the silver spring dealership (1400 W Silver Spring) specifically stating you want the BMW ATO position. You can also reply via this craigslist ad for the other full time lot attendant positions available at Concours Motors http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ret/3582022563.html. The email will go directly to our HR lady who will be interviewing/hiring you. Do both if your serious about getting the job.

REQUIREMENTS

• Must have a valid drivers license
  • Have a clean driving record, More than 1 speeding ticket and you likely won't get the job.
  • Must know how to drive a manual transmission. (Shouldn't be a problem for members here)
  • Must be dependable and have great customer service skills. "Where service makes the difference"
Posted Image

They let you take my old spot without filling the ato spot first?

What made working in used cars that much more appealing?

Nope I'm in ATO until my spot gets filled, hence the ad ;) Honestly I debated with myself for 2 days on whether I wanted to switch or not and decided that I'd like to get a little more into the detailing that is involved with pre-owned, plus I'd like to drive all the cool trade-ins! It's mainly for school purposes though as I'll have a summer class and would like an internship, so I wouldn't be able to take on the extended summer hours anyways. It's a hard decision and I'm still a little on edge about it, we got a great crew right now.

Hmm. Given how shitty the job market is for someone with an Architecture degree, I might just have to apply for this.

Tom there is also a full-time position (see the craigslist ad on first post). Its at the main store, so if you don't mind not driving BMW's you could give it a shot. The BMW store is just way more awesome though :D

Tom there is also a full-time position (see the craigslist ad on first post). Its at the main store, so if you don't mind not driving BMW's you could give it a shot. The BMW store is just way more awesome though :D

Thanks for the heads up.

Bullshit. And if so, that's nothing worth bragging about.

sucks for me over 50 speeding tickets

^^What TJ said.

• 1 month later...