WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

M20 Turbo => M50 turbo fun.

Rowleym

i will trade him a drive shaft for a drive shaft would be awsome otherwise im sometime after the car is painted i will see about having one made for me as long as i can find a drive shaft to measure. the one i have is 2" too lon or2" too short i dont remember

lol, ebay clutches.

lol....not

Some ebay clutches are actully decent. Especially for the price. I know XTD makes a decent clutch for the price. Just because something is sold on ebay, doesn't mean it is junk. Look at Condor Speed Shop.

lol....not

Some ebay clutches are actully decent. Especially for the price. I know XTD makes a decent clutch for the price. Just because something is sold on ebay, doesn't mean it is junk. Look at Condor Speed Shop.

Thank you sir. I did my research on this and a ton of people are running F1 clutchs on bmw's with success. The only downside I have seen is clutch chatter, which I could care less about. 

Flywheel bolts are TTY (torque to yield) and need to be replaced each time they are torqued to spec then removed. Sure, you can re-use them, but if they back out 500 miles after everything is back together then it would be incredibly annoying to have to do the job over, while risking damage to the transmission from a loose clutch assembly/flywheel flailing about within the confines of the bellhousing. 

Flywheel bolts are TTY (torque to yield) and need to be replaced each time they are torqued to spec then removed. Sure, you can re-use them, but if they back out 500 miles after everything is back together then it would be incredibly annoying to have to do the job over, while risking damage to the transmission from a loose clutch assembly/flywheel flailing about within the confines of the bellhousing. 

GOD DAMNIT. Thanks, But that blows. They were like 30$.