WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

M20 Turbo => M50 turbo fun.

Rowleym

no matter what color you paint you're supposed to do clear coat. What I'm saying is, for your "matte/flat silver/grey or whatever" it'll look unfinished, like a primer paint job.

Silver works but grey would look unfinished. I really like the new frozen silver.

Posted Image

Alpine would be the easiest being a single stage color, but Henna Red is an awesome color too.

Its going to look beautiful, I promise you ;)

Just do a gloss....

And yes almost done sanding. But my grades are terrible this semester, so my mother threatened to take all my stuff out of the shop. Hopefully ill be able to work on it this weekend...

Posted Image

Also, I really appreciate you changing the name! WOOHOO

You're welcome.

Im scared to do a gloss because its going to look like dick. Just saying... also, do I sand the base coat before I put on the primer? Like could that help smooth things out? And the base coat isn't that shiny right? I test painted my fender, and it didn't turn out shiny, but it looks good.

So. Micro update. Bought a new gun to spray this biotch. I need a bigger compressor though.. Bought a whole bunch of shit I don't need obviously. Started removing my rad support. Basically cutting it off, and making some brackets with this new welder ;) I have been working on this damn Volkswagen. Got the trans in yesterday finally, and then hopefully finishing it today. That means I have lots of extra time to work on my BMW if I finish it. Good news.

Oh, a note on the paint.

Don't know if any of you remember or saw my first e30 (white 4dr 318) but that was sprayed with boat paint. Single stage, easy to spray and looks really good even if you don't do that well! The paint was tough as hell, and with wetsanding you can get rid of all the imperfections. Pretty good variety of colors by interlux, its called brightside. Just a thought.