WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

M20 Turbo => M50 turbo fun.

Rowleym

Oh it happened. If this forum wasn't for queers maybe I could upload pictures easily... but noooooo. haha. Kidding of course. I just need to figure out how to do it from my phone. Tomorrow is a big day. Lots of shit happening. I just finished up wiring my harness connector(What a bitch!!!) and I'm not quite sure if I have a vanos harness or not.... I got it from GunMetalGrey tonight, along with some stock manifolds. I ordered brake lines and tstat and waterpump yesterday. A bunch of buddies are coming over tomorrow and we are going to do as much as possible to get it running.

Anyone know why there is 2 Green wires coming out of pin 7? Not just one? I'm not quite sure how to wire up the ignition(pin 7 to 21 supposedly, but i have the 2 wire dilema.)

anyways. I'm stoked as all hell, and the m50 even came with beauty covers. Woohoo!

Wiring up megasquirt tomorrow because I dont have a stock ecu.... Anyone want to let me borrow theirs? lol

I can chime in with info about the wires later today. I still have all of the diagrams I used.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought some seats today. I have a couple pictures. Finally decided to put them on photobucket.

School has been hell, and I've been on spring break, but the motor is on a stand at my house waiting for some stupid small stuff before I shove it in. I should have gotten a complete motor and not one that has parts taken off of it such as 2 bolts for the thermostat housing, and it's also missing a tensioner for the belts and stuff.

D452154C-3DE5-416D-B811-555231A5854F-698

My self after the accident.

921DD4DF-C9B8-4697-BF50-EB99560E5C50-698

Steering wheel fell off.

0F3B0BB1-F901-4460-8CCF-7C3C043BA210-698

9D69FCEB-ABB8-41DE-BFA9-2F0C013CE63A-698

My car 0.o

564FC9C9-168D-44DB-8DE4-AA59187728ED-698

Old lump. Anyone want it?

8175C1C5-C151-4CC2-9B1F-C54D6B790FCB-698

Empty engine bay. Awaiting a motor.

45D37087-6E98-4251-AE37-9FFA96C2A85F-698

Bottoms up! New motor.

What happened in the accident? Sent from the future. Or my phone, who knows.

I was going over a crest, and I was late for track practice, so obviously I was going around 110, and I swerved for a turkey, because I was thinking, and realized that a kid from my school lives right over the hill and I couldn't live with killing someone haha. Anyways, I lost control and slid into and through a telephone pole with the drivers side door, and rolled 4.5 times. The .5 is because i landed upside down. I'm perfectly okay though.