WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Metallic Blue w/ m50 powaaaa

StewCrew

Hello everyone!

I joined a while ago and lurked really hard but never posted. Ive been working on this car for the last 6 months or so and its come a looooong way. So here she is! All comment and criticism good or bad are welcome.

First day driving home:

Posted Image

The car was in rough shape. Front passenger wheel bearing was completely shot. Shocks all around were shot. Had trouble idling. The basic bullshit.

I decided to get my suspension knocked out of the way:

Posted Image

Full BC coilovers, weld on style up front with custom spring rates.

Posted Image

Went to adjust the valves in hope of fixing my idle, and found this inside the valvetrain..

Posted Image

Im not sure if the previous owner is on here or what, but theres no excuse for leaving a 2inch hose clamp inside the head.. After removing the clamp and adjusting the valves it sort of fixed my idling issue. Enough to drive it at least.

Next I decided to ditch the 15x6 +38 wheels that came on the car, and got a set of 15x8 +10 xxr 002's:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

post-711-136211548289_thumb.jpg

post-711-136211548295_thumb.jpg

post-711-1362115483_thumb.jpg

post-711-136211548304_thumb.jpg

post-711-136211548309_thumb.jpg

post-711-136211548315_thumb.jpg

post-711-13621154832_thumb.jpg

Edited by StewCrew
Adding pictures via photobucket

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favorite pictures of the car to this day:

Posted Image

After a few days of driving, the car kept running worse and worse. I adjusted the valves yet again, new spark plugs/wires, and a new fuel filter. Then one day it started smoking like crazy. Tons of white smoke out the exhaust and just pouring out of the head under the exhaust manifold. Good game m20.

Picked this up from a guy in kenosha who I have since become friends with:

Posted Image

m50b25tu (vanoooos!) w/ chipped ecu and motor mounts

trans + trans mounts

brake master and boost

clutch slave cylinder

radiator

driveshaft

ecu + adapter harness

Literally everything you need for $1200! I couldnt go wrong. Almost exactly 3 weeks from picking the motor up, it was in.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I put the white hood from my parts car on because the blue one was all dented up in the corner and didnt fit real well, so this is how it sits right now until I can get it color matched.

Posted Image

post-711-136211548325_thumb.jpg

Edited by StewCrew

I dig it=) Is that a zender kit or what is that? Can we plan to see you at the Fall meet?

Thanks. Im not sure of the kit to be honest. The previous owner said it was an "unknown kit". The front lip is all fiberglass so someone must have done it themselves? It kind of makes it look like an e28 though, which I like :)

Very cool. I like it!

Thanks bud!

Glad to see Dan's motor went to a forum member! Sounds great too!!

Yeah! Ironically enough a friend of mine sent me his Craigslist ad at like 3 in the morning one day as a joke telling me to buy it. Had my m20 not blown up I never would have gotten it haha. I've never been in a swapped e30 before and my mind is completely blown. I owned a 320hp evo 8, and this car is more fun than that.

love the pics, glad to see the motor is going to be put to good use. what diff did you end up using?

Absolutetly man! I used the spare diff that came with the car, which im pretty sure is a 2.79 out of an '84-85. Which I guess makes sense because the car is an 84. But I ended up welding it and it's completely amazing. I didn't bother trying to take the LSD off of the other car haha.

Thats not frickin good! spray some Flex Seal on that biznatch, i'd like to check it out on Saturday.

Youll still see it man! I dont think the crack is bad, because I drove about 15 minutes to work from the point that I THINK I hit it, and theres only a few drops. But thats a few drops too many hahaha. Ive never heard of Flex Seal but I'll have to check it out. There may be hope for it! I just dont want to pull the motor so soon, you know?

Looks like I might be tagging along with Sagaris on Saturday to check this thing out. Super excited! *im the one he mentioned with the turbo e21*

Ahh yeah he mentioned it! I'm excited to see this thing haha.

just be aware that it wasnt some rare incident, hits like that are going to happen all the time. i took a shot probably every time i drove somewhere unfamiliar

That's crazy. My car is basically on the ground too, so something's going to have to change. At this rate I'll be doing 4 oil pans a month in it!

Was kidding about the flex seal, but I have used JB Stik putty in a pinch on a friends oil pan leak.

Posted Image

Oh god that's flex seal? Lmao when I read your comment I was like "that sounds familiar but idk where I've seen it". Sarcasm via text sucks hahah. I already have a new pan ordered up.