WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Metallic Blue w/ m50 powaaaa

StewCrew

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd offer you my skid plate again, but someone else bought it already. i cant say enough good things about that brand of plates.

What brand was it again, Dan? I should probably look into picking one of those up haha.

I'm also looking to sell/trade my wheels. $400obo or looking for 16/17's with higher offset.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/3272970605.html

Car is looking fantastic Jake! Thanks again for letting us stop by and check things out. You got a hell of a setup at the shop there. I limped the e21 back to the house safely on 3 cylinders too. :P Turned out it was VERY badly corroded wires at the cap end. Replaced the plugs and wires and she runs like she was before again.

No problem at all! It was nice to meet you guys and Im glad you figured out what was wrong with the car. I just wish I went around front with you guys to hear it! That car is so cool, and Brian's car being completely mint, you guys probably attract a lot of attention driving around lol.

Definitely need to get one of these. Seems almost full-proof.

Im considering getting a staggered set of 17x7 17x9 xxr 962s (the fat 5 style). Anyone have any input on this? Other than that theyre xxr's? Hahaha

Cruise craigslist all over to see if there is anything nice on there. I've seen a few nice 4x100 rare wheels up lately.

Yeah Milwaukee CL has been kind of dry lately. I've been on Chicago CL a lot along with jdmchicago.com. There's a lot of low offset wheels that are 15's, but nothing wider than 8". With the 17x9's I'll be able to have my rears all the way down with a little fender pulling. I'd also be able to throw some nice rubber on compared to the stretched tires on my last set of wheels.

17's usually look way to big on an e30. 16's are perfect in my opinion.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/3260956471.html

I was concerned about them looking huge too, but the 17" thread in r3v is very convincing lol. I'm not getting 15s again though. 16/17's with a higher offset so I can raise the car a little bit without it looking super weird.

No problem at all! It was nice to meet you guys and Im glad you figured out what was wrong with the car. I just wish I went around front with you guys to hear it! That car is so cool, and Brian's car being completely mint, you guys probably attract a lot of attention driving around lol.

Definitely need to get one of these. Seems almost full-proof.

Im considering getting a staggered set of 17x7 17x9 xxr 962s (the fat 5 style). Anyone have any input on this? Other than that theyre xxr's? Hahaha

We were driving with a white 1M for a couple miles on the way over. I attempted a thumbs up but the dude didn't even acknowledge the peasants in the two old skool BMWs next to him. I have actually only seen 1 person who has given a crap about my car and that was another E30 owner. He pulled up alongside at a stoplight and we simultaneously gave eachother the same thumbs up with the same cheesy smile which caused extreme awkwardness. I couldn't stand him being in my peripheral after that event. I guess I cant handle random interactions with other enthusiasts on the road.

Edited by Snap Understeer

We were driving with a white 1M for a couple miles on the way over. I attempted a thumbs up but the dude didn't even acknowledge the peasants in the two old skool BMWs next to him. I have actually only seen 1 person who has given a crap about my car and that was another E30 owner. He pulled up alongside at a stoplight and we simultaneously gave eachother the same thumbs up with the same cheesy smile which caused extreme awkwardness. I couldn't stand him being in my peripheral after that event. I guess I cant handle random interactions with other enthusiasts on the road.

Wow, didn't even acknowledge you guys? That's lame.. And yeah I know the exact awkwardness you're talking about. When I had the evo, whenever I'd pull up next to another evo8 I'd straight face it and tell them they had a nice car. The usual reply was "Ahh, ha oh thanks ha"

post-711-136211548732_thumb.jpg (for all my futurama dweebs like myself)

Turns out my oil pan is not cracked. There was a loose bolt on the front case where oil was dripping out of that made its way to my skid plate. Tightened a few bolts, wiped everything down, blah blah blah, everything seems fine at this point. I definitely smashed the plate though as theres a huge spot of paint missing. Nevertheless it seems to have worked! Also, I sold my wheels and ordered up a set of 17x7 +40 17x9 +35 xxr 962. Looks like Ill have some fender rolling to do soon!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]465[/ATTACH] (for all my futurama dweebs like myself)

Turns out my oil pan is not cracked. There was a loose bolt on the front case where oil was dripping out of that made its way to my skid plate. Tightened a few bolts, wiped everything down, blah blah blah, everything seems fine at this point. I definitely smashed the plate though as theres a huge spot of paint missing. Nevertheless it seems to have worked! Also, I sold my wheels and ordered up a set of 17x7 +40 17x9 +35 xxr 962. Looks like Ill have some fender rolling to do soon!

depending on your tire size/spacer size, you wont have to touch your fenders.

Yeah, I did the rears on my M3

Cool. I may be hitting you up then!

depending on your tire size/spacer size, you wont have to touch your fenders.

What size tire would you recommend? I'm not concerned with the fronts. But the rears I'm kinda lost about. I've never had a wheel wider than 8", and that had a 195 tire slightly stretched. I was thinking maybe a 215? I don't know much about tires so correct me if I'm wrong.

My wheels finally came :D XXR 962 - 17x7 +40 up front and 17x9 +35 in back. The rears actually fit fine but Im running a 5mm spacer just to be safe. The fronts however.. I need to order up some extended lug studs and bigger spacers. The high offset blows but whatever, itll sit really nice regardless. 80mm studs and 20mm spacers is whats needed! Getting tires on them early next week and hopefully driving on them by the weekend!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

VERY NICE! Those are definitely my favorite style of wheel from XXR. Are you going to make it to the Kettle Moraine drive Oct. 6th or the meet at Rampelsauce's place on the 20th?

Any idea what the weight of the 17x9 is? Not expecting it to be feather light, just curious.

Thanks! Yeah theyre a basic style of wheel but look so good! If nothing catastrophic happens at the drift event tomorrow then I should be able to make it hahaha. And I'll get the weight of one of the 17x9s for you bud.

When do we see the turbo, and drag radials? :)

Hahahah we'll have to see about that xD