WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

3M 90 or Super 77

Earl

I have used both. 

I used the super 77 on the suede headliner in my old e36 and it seemed to work well initially, but after a couple 100 degree days it let go in some of the more tightly pulled areas of the fabric. I did the door panel inserts with the same fabric and the super 77 didn't hold well. I re-did them with the 90 and didn't have a single problem for the 6 months until I sold the car. I'd definitely go with the 90. 

2 hours ago, m42b32 said:

I have used both. 

I used the super 77 on the suede headliner in my old e36 and it seemed to work well initially, but after a couple 100 degree days it let go in some of the more tightly pulled areas of the fabric. I did the door panel inserts with the same fabric and the super 77 didn't hold well. I re-did them with the 90 and didn't have a single problem for the 6 months until I sold the car. I'd definitely go with the 90. 

That helps a lot=) Thank you. You can snag it at the local auto parts store right? Going to make a run after work as I pulled the headliner in my coupe since it was sagging onto my head

http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/765001O/iatd-product-info.pdf

I was curious and on my lunch break... so here is the application guide for 3M spray adhesives for anyone who is interested. I'd definitely go with 90. The super 77's temperature resistance is 65C (~149F) which is possible to exceed if you park your car in the sun with the windows up. 90 is good to 120C. The peel strength for the 90 is also almost 3 times higher than 77.