WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

hey i'm new!

Im new to the bmw scene, but quickly falling in love with european engineering. Since i first got my 97 540i e39 3 months back ive been trying my hardest to get ahold of another since, when i first got the car i had to overhaul the entire cooling system...then i had to make my way to the intake gaskets and cvv, up to the valve covers. They were in desperate need of change, almost all of my coils were submerged in oil, great cars to work on if you have a true love for quality, since i got her back up on her feet its been doing great! Just clocked 135 with ease yesterday before work. Haha any other enthusiasts in the area get ahold of me, John

Welcome John! Your kinda in a deadzone as far as I know but hopefully someone will chime in. Few guys here in Madison (me) and plenty in Milwaukee as well as around the state.

Great choice on your first bimmer! My brother has a E34 540i/6 and there are a couple others on here with e39 540s too.

Finally found out how to upload, and wow am i slow sometimes...easier than i thought, it's got an M5 front bumper you can't see it too well in the picture, im swapping all the nasty creamsickle interior over to black, still on the verge of picking up an alcontara headliner. More pics will come soon once the car gets washed up

post-3572-0-62701300-1422898413_thumb.jp

post-3572-0-36746000-1422898447_thumb.jp