WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Totaled my 135i

i_love_cars

I got the new car back safe and sound on Wednesday morning after driving 17 hours straight (awake for 33 hours, F my life). 

Car is mainly as expected with a few cosmetic defects to take care of - one wheel has peeling clear coat that will have to be replaced (225 bucks), and the rear bumper has a spot where there are a couple marks, and the third brake light is cracked. 

The other thing is that the car is a 2011 and I believe hasn't had 30k service done. The brakes squeal pretty bad but the pads have plenty of material left on them. Given the car should still be covered, does anybody have any thoughts on what Concours will tell me if I take it in for service? 

If I have to, I will just buy me own replacement brakes and put them on when I install my LSD, however, if Concours would take care of new pads/rotors, I'll just go there. I just don't know if they'd consider that normal wear/tear. 

Here's a pic i took randomly at a gas stations in Pennsylvania somewhere. At some point once I have the car cleaned up I will have some appropriate photos:

IMG_0844_zpsc7148163.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So I ordered 2 new VMR 710 wheels in Gunmetal to replace my rear wheels. This was of course because of peeling clearcoat on one rear wheel, and the previous owner had the other one repaired from a bend, and although the wheel is true, there is still a visible crease. 

well anyway, i went to Big Bear today to have them put the new wheels on, and turns out VMR has changed their "Gunmetal". It's no longer the shade it used to be a couple years ago. Same wheel, size, make, offsets, etc. but the Gunmetal is different now than it used to be. F my life.

photo3_zpsd517e9b5.jpg