WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

WIBIMMERS Oktoberfest/ Autumnal Gathering 3 - Mid October.

rampelsauce

not sure really. probably a half hour to an hour. it's not too far out of the way, but there's lots of turns and stop signs so it takes longer. getting lost or stopping for pictures adds time too, but that's just part of the fun.

Sounds good to me. Im sure the other guys driving down with me will be down for this also. When and where should we meet you?

The gas station across from the street from the Darboy Club on the corner of KK and N is probably a good place. Google is telling me the straight drive from Darboy is 1hr 35 min so maybe meetup at 9am? I'm totally flexible on the time, so whatever works for you guys is fine with me.

dc_zps49609a1a.png

The gas station across from the street from the Darboy Club on the corner of KK and N is probably a good place. Google is telling me the straight drive from Darboy is 1hr 35 min so maybe meetup at 9am? I'm totally flexible on the time, so whatever works for you guys is fine with me.

dc_zps49609a1a.png

Where is this in relation to where we'er coming in from 10 to 41 from Stevens Point

as you're coming into appleton on 10 you keep going straight at the 41 interchange and you'll be on the 441 bypass east. just stay on that a few miles until you get the KK exit (calumet st). then take KK straight to the intersection with N. it's a couple miles from the highway, but it's a straight shot. the Darboy club is on the right side right on the corner. i'll PM you my cell number, feel free to get in touch.

The e46 is not worthy of such a festival. I will also be at the shop working on the e30 I think. Try to get it on the road again before winter.

Your E46 can't be worse than my hooptie E28 projects. Missing 1 shop day won't slow ya down! Or have Tim drive ya down, wanna see the latest swap.

No cruise route has been officially determined.  Since I'm not too sure of the roads in the area, I'm kind of at a loss.  Im relatively new to Port Washington/Ozaukee Co, and haven't had a ton of chances to explore.  I have some good photo op spots in mind, and I'll just link those, I suppose.

As for good roads for spirited driving, that's TBD.  I have the whole day off tomorrow (Tues 10/14) and I will try to make a more concrete plan.  As of now, the cruise is just destination hopping.  If anyone has input or knows of good roads in the area, contact me.  I'll be going around in the Suzuki and doing some destination scoping.

Okay people.  Here's my proposed cruise route.  https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z2bvjoB_1djA.kB9SM5Wc3erA

We start at my shop, head out of town to the lake side park about 15 miles away.  Its right on the water and will make for a good photo op spot.  After some shenanegans there, we'll jump on the freeway, and head to upper lake park.  To give you an idea, its a park thats about 150 FT above Port Washington, so it makes a great photo op spot.  After that, head back to the shop and tap the keg. 

Opinions are welcome, as always.

I don't see any issues with this. To be honest there aren't any good cruise roads around here for spirited driving. You have to head out towards West Bend / Kettle Moraine Scenic / Elkhart Lake. That's great and all but it does require a good amount of time and we're starting late for that.

Lake venues for photos sound just fine. 

We appear to have a lot of people coming so extended cruise routes are tougher unless we have walkie talkies. I've done larger group cruises like that before and when you have like 20-30 cars it's immensely more organized if people can get on walkie talkie channels to account for joggers/bikers/animals at the front and also if there are people falling behind. 

Yeah.  It was so much easier when I lived near Holy Hill.  So many great roads in one area.

We'll be more organized next year.  Depending upon the success of this event, we may look into having it at a track for a track day/party.  I'd like to do something like the BMWCCA for Oktoberfest, but on a much smaller scale and only a one day event. 

Im pretty excited though.  This should be a lot of fun.