WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Well crap :(

xgeetx

Question

More info:

rear ended someone (obviously). Car is still driveable, but I had to pull some metal up off the tire. Engine temperature gauge read operating the whole time I attempted to drive it, but I started to see smoke and my "check coolant" indicator came off so I pulled it over for a tow. The smoke went away very quickly, so I think it was the windshield washer fluid splashed onto the engine... but that's just wishful thinking, not entirely sure. Anybody dealt with something like this? I love this car :(

That is a bummer. glad it wasn't more serious and that you presumably aren't injured (i didnt see a "need front teeth" thread in the WTB section).

If you were driving drunk/texting/roadknob/sleeping/playing candy crush then I hope you learned your lesson. 
How much would you have tried to sell the car for when it had straighter body panels?

prepare yourself for a second potential jimmy rustler:

If it were me, I would use the opportunity to get another car that isnt green.

That is a bummer. glad it wasn't more serious and that you presumably aren't injured (i didnt see a "need front teeth" thread in the WTB section).

If you were driving drunk/texting/roadknob/sleeping/playing candy crush then I hope you learned your lesson. 

How much would you have tried to sell the car for when it had straighter body panels?

prepare yourself for a second potential jimmy rustler:

If it were me, I would use the opportunity to get another car that isnt green.

Ha, not a fan of green? And no to all of your situations, thankfully... but a lesson was learned none-the-less.

I wasn't really interested in selling, but had what i 'hoped' the car was worth :P. The latch on the hood is obviously jammed, so I haven't gotten the hood up to assess damage. Hoping the radiator isn't cracked or anything.

The hardest repair will be where the fender mounts if it is bent.

You can see it in this pic

CAM01032_zpsvmaoeijq.jpg

Thanks for the pic, Earl!  Not really sure if those guys are bent or not... it'll be close and I doubt they totally survived. Are you talking about the top bar or the circular part with 4 studs in it?

Thanks for not taking offense to my comments, they weren't intended to be offensive.

Green looks amazing on JDesigns vert and fitting on some cars, but not among my top choices on an E36 (unless its the M3 GT green)

21218d1050056044-pics-rare-m3-gt-bmw_gt_

Good opportunity to turn this into a track car if you are into that sort of thing. 

I was once in a similar situation when I was 16 and had a rabbit with frame damage. I bought another with a bad trans for cheap and combined good parts onto the straight chassis. That worked out well for me. 

I didnt mean the frame horn (circle with four studs) since the bumper shocks would have kept then from being damaged. I was talking about the portion that runs along the sides of the bay/over the wheels. The very end of yours is probably bent

thanks for the replies guys. I'll be thinking about what to do with it over the next couple of days. It'd be a shame to junk it, since it still runs like I didn't rear end somebody!!! Any recommendation on how to get the hood open? The latch is stuck. Should I just take a crowbar to it since the hood is done anyways?

Does anybody know if stewcrew has a parts car?