So, what are you listening to?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

buddy showed me Greta Van Fleet last night. if you like Zeppelin, you will like them.    

My Old School HipHop station on Pandora.

#christmasjazz that i don't even hate. Not overly cheerful like most of the christmas music we've been beaten over the head with, but not exactly melancholy either. Perfectly suited for

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, B C said:

Never heard that one. Im in a noisy room but it sounds like a slightly more upbeat Ozzy.

Understandable. Let me digress...

As usual, I read a lot of sub-text into things where they weren't intended...

Whether we like it or not, we're all trapped in a game of us-vs-them. It's the natural order of things. I only hope that yall can work to crate a larger us.

Huge fan of all of Adam Curtis' films:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In non-absurd news, I got some new headphones today (Sony MDR-7506). I don't usually buy many sony products, but thought I'd give 'em a whirl.

The department I work in now (my title officially changed to "electrical engineer" last week, whatever that's worth...) is super quiet 90% of the time, but we have one guy who (amongst other annoyances), feels the need to speak three times louder than normal when he's excited about something. I needed something to help me maintain sanity when he gets in to a 45-minute conversation with the 70-year-old maintenance guy about custom-built RFID garage door openers/the best snowblower ever built (throws snow 60+ feet!)/chainsaws that cut concrete/Edison batteries (it's a conspiracy!)/etc. So i needed a closed-back headphone to replace my old go-to Grado SR-60e's.

Despite reviews to the contrary, I find the bass to be excessive, although I agree with the reviews that the treble is accentuated. Lately I've been digging into some dark techno stuff, and they work great for that, but overall I prefer my old grados. Much "smoother" sounding IMO, but I wouldn't fault anyone for preferring one over the other.

dzONgJZ.jpg

13 hours ago, HipMF said:

In non-absurd news, I got some new headphones today (Sony MDR-7506). I don't usually buy many sony products, but thought I'd give 'em a whirl.

The department I work in now (my title officially changed to "electrical engineer" last week, whatever that's worth...) is super quiet 90% of the time, but we have one guy who (amongst other annoyances), feels the need to speak three times louder than normal when he's excited about something. I needed something to help me maintain sanity when he gets in to a 45-minute conversation with the 70-year-old maintenance guy about custom-built RFID garage door openers/the best snowblower ever built (throws snow 60+ feet!)/chainsaws that cut concrete/Edison batteries (it's a conspiracy!)/etc. So i needed a closed-back headphone to replace my old go-to Grado SR-60e's.

Despite reviews to the contrary, I find the bass to be excessive, although I agree with the reviews that the treble is accentuated. Lately I've been digging into some dark techno stuff, and they work great for that, but overall I prefer my old grados. Much "smoother" sounding IMO, but I wouldn't fault anyone for preferring one over the other.

dzONgJZ.jpg

Grados are very hard to beat for the price, I love my SR80i's that I've had for years. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, HipMF said:

Do kids these days even know what emo is?

that baggy-ass Thrasher sweater...

Silverchair, Glassjaw and this were the trifecta of what I learned about after listening to emo and screamo in the early 2000's.  I now have to accept that Neon Ballroom is 22 years old and my brain can't handle that.