WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

So, what are you listening to?

Narcosis

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, B C said:

Never heard that one. Im in a noisy room but it sounds like a slightly more upbeat Ozzy.

Understandable. Let me digress...

As usual, I read a lot of sub-text into things where they weren't intended...

Whether we like it or not, we're all trapped in a game of us-vs-them. It's the natural order of things. I only hope that yall can work to crate a larger us.

Huge fan of all of Adam Curtis' films:

• 1 month later...

Today I Learned:

The sample from The Fugees - Ready or Not was from Enya. Also, the time signatures and syncopation are different so there's no way this should work actually .. never take anything for granted I guess...

Bonus points: song references gitmo before gimto was the gitmo we know.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In non-absurd news, I got some new headphones today (Sony MDR-7506). I don't usually buy many sony products, but thought I'd give 'em a whirl.

The department I work in now (my title officially changed to "electrical engineer" last week, whatever that's worth...) is super quiet 90% of the time, but we have one guy who (amongst other annoyances), feels the need to speak three times louder than normal when he's excited about something. I needed something to help me maintain sanity when he gets in to a 45-minute conversation with the 70-year-old maintenance guy about custom-built RFID garage door openers/the best snowblower ever built (throws snow 60+ feet!)/chainsaws that cut concrete/Edison batteries (it's a conspiracy!)/etc. So i needed a closed-back headphone to replace my old go-to Grado SR-60e's.

Despite reviews to the contrary, I find the bass to be excessive, although I agree with the reviews that the treble is accentuated. Lately I've been digging into some dark techno stuff, and they work great for that, but overall I prefer my old grados. Much "smoother" sounding IMO, but I wouldn't fault anyone for preferring one over the other.

dzONgJZ.jpg

13 hours ago, HipMF said:

In non-absurd news, I got some new headphones today (Sony MDR-7506). I don't usually buy many sony products, but thought I'd give 'em a whirl.

The department I work in now (my title officially changed to "electrical engineer" last week, whatever that's worth...) is super quiet 90% of the time, but we have one guy who (amongst other annoyances), feels the need to speak three times louder than normal when he's excited about something. I needed something to help me maintain sanity when he gets in to a 45-minute conversation with the 70-year-old maintenance guy about custom-built RFID garage door openers/the best snowblower ever built (throws snow 60+ feet!)/chainsaws that cut concrete/Edison batteries (it's a conspiracy!)/etc. So i needed a closed-back headphone to replace my old go-to Grado SR-60e's.

Despite reviews to the contrary, I find the bass to be excessive, although I agree with the reviews that the treble is accentuated. Lately I've been digging into some dark techno stuff, and they work great for that, but overall I prefer my old grados. Much "smoother" sounding IMO, but I wouldn't fault anyone for preferring one over the other.

dzONgJZ.jpg

Grados are very hard to beat for the price, I love my SR80i's that I've had for years. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, HipMF said:

Do kids these days even know what emo is?

that baggy-ass Thrasher sweater...

Silverchair, Glassjaw and this were the trifecta of what I learned about after listening to emo and screamo in the early 2000's.  I now have to accept that Neon Ballroom is 22 years old and my brain can't handle that.

• 1 month later...

Doesn't matter your age, we're all part of the ________ generation

Liars put it another way: "They threw us all in a trench and stuck a monument on top". Label it, pretend you know everything about it, and go on with your life.

"Everybody in, his or her own life, needs a hobby; fills the void that work and rent creates... we can win..."/s

• 3 months later...