WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

It's just that everyone likes them more than the HRE's=P 

Yeah, I hear that. I like the way 5 spoke/ more open style wheels look but im not sold on the way the HRE's look on my car either. Mesh wheels always look bland to me unless they are fully polished or white.

• 5 months later...

for an update, here is the motor I picked up. I already started gathering goodies but I need to control myself. As I have learned in the past, if you go a little to far, it gets expensive and motivation starts to lack. 

IMG_6682.jpg

The last day of it running. it was only a matter of a few hours before everything was out and the fun of wiring and cleaning began.

IMG_7399.jpg

Out She goes!!

IMG_74091.jpg

Out with the Old....SOON to be in with the new. LOL

IMG_7418.jpg

The dirty wiring nightmare begins. I am deleting my A/C and my ABS. Its completely insane how many wires are used for just these two items. I also am removing the SRS system since I have an aftermarket wheel anyways. I am taking the time to trace all the wires back to the dash and ECU's to make sure I don't have any extras floating around. Lees mess+ less confusion if I ever need to trace any issues.

IMG_7426.jpg

After a quick rinse. most of the wires are labeled and removed here. I am starting to figure out how to run them all through the frame/fender for the headlights, horns, and other gadgetry at the front of the car. I hope to have only my fuse box and coolant reservoir left in the engine bay.

IMG_7452.jpg

.....And done.

IMG_7453.jpg

All the A/C components removed, I mean it is a convertible right??. Everything worked when removed, but the bearing or clutch in the A/C condensor was starting to go bad. I am putting everything I remove in a box as I am curious to how much all this stuff weighs when I am done.

IMG_7487.jpg

ABS and some SRS extras

IMG_7489.jpg

The underside of that dash has got to be the most annoying place to work and I cant seem to find myself to get away whether its my own car or one at work. 

IMG_7490.jpg

SPAHHHGETTII

IMG_7491.jpg

Step stool powered at the moment.

IMG_7492.jpg

Popped the oil pan off of the new motor to happily find that its in amazing shape. 

IMG_7523.jpg

This part sucks really bad.

IMG_7601.jpg

All for A/C. 

IMG_7603.jpg

Prepped for paint, just need to decide on a color............GOLD.....ALUMINUM......OR......

IMG_7605.jpg

IMG_7604.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have been really really lacking on updates, So I am going to take the shotgun approach and share some of the progress I have been making. Here are a bunch of pics of the motor in the car. I used a level and a plumb bob to get the motor where it needs to be and Chris made some brackets out of the stock M20 mounts because we agreed they look awesome. 

IMG_8490.JPGIMG_8500.JPGIMG_8501.JPGIMG_8575.JPG

On a side note, look how perfect the shifter fits in the stock shifter location!! It was meant to be!

IMG_8488.JPG

IMG_8486.JPG

• Jdesign changed the title to 1JZ E30 Vert Build Thread with Pastry filled wheels