WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

e12 complete restoration fun

Jeff

Guest Laishes

Jeff is addicted to BMWs

I can tell!!

did you see my E30 thread I just started 5 minutes ago? Its for the E30 I picked up in Eau Claire that you were taking a peek at.

Edit: Whoops. Didn't mean to threadjack! Probably shouldve sent this in a pm. Ohwell

Do you plan on taking this thing all the way down to a almost complete disassembly? What are your plans for the body work?

yes car is getting completely disassembled 

Are you going this route?

300px-RotisserieChicken.jpg

sadly i do not have the room for a rotisserie :(

I'm so jealous of your garage + tool space!

i need more room possibly in the summer i may expand the garage so little room to work but still i manage.

A man named Jeff doing manly things.

I like the progress! Are you going to sandblast the whole body and all suspension bits? Then get to the body work?

I'm not sure how I'm going to clean it mint really want to sand blast very messy but I may. I am going to stainless shot blast parts I am keeping most suspension will be replaced

I'm not sure how I'm going to clean it mint really want to sand blast very messy but I may. I am going to stainless shot blast parts I am keeping most suspension will be replaced

Mister Jeff. I do not know what you are saying due to your missing punctuation=(

Unless you meant:

"I'm not sure how I'm going to clean it. I really want to sand blast it, but it is very messy. I might do it anyways. I am going to stainless shot blast the parts that I am keeping. Most of the suspension will be replaced."

Mister Jeff. I do not know what you are saying due to your missing punctuation=(

Unless you meant:

"I'm not sure how I'm going to clean it. I really want to sand blast it, but it is very messy. I might do it anyways. I am going to stainless shot blast the parts that I am keeping. Most of the suspension will be replaced."

I'll go with the ladder. 

I always thought acid dipping was where it is at for a restoration but I learned out that it takes away all of the inner rust proofing so it ends up to be a lot of work to do it right.  Spraying that wax stuff in the inner frame rails, sealing the seams/welds(?).  There probably is more to do than I know about.

I'll go with the ladder. 

I always thought acid dipping was where it is at for a restoration but I learned out that it takes away all of the inner rust proofing so it ends up to be a lot of work to do it right.  Spraying that wax stuff in the inner frame rails, sealing the seams/welds(?).  There probably is more to do than I know about.

there are many ways to seal the inner frame rails. i usually use a piece of 1/4" brake line and an old paint gum to spray the inner rail with rubber coating. help at 120psi does wonders!!!

dropped the front subframe

55FE7DCC-BA59-4F51-A9CD-D1AD8DD413B5.jpg

also finished stripping out the engine bay finally.

A2F1C8FC-7DE8-49F0-8D74-DA7E216DC270.jpg2FE6D056-77F1-4B3F-A5D2-7F550C9DD387.jpg 

• 4 months later...