WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

e34 Touring

straight6pwr

Got the wiring done, everything worked exactly like the information I found online from other people doing the e34 5 speed swap, which was an added bonus.  the 12 pin harness plug that they all spoke about was missing in my shifter area, but after pulling the entire shift console, I found it buried underneath (pain in the ass, but worth it)

all the console stuff pulled (i miss my e30, in which this would have have taken 2 minutes)

wvLUBkp.jpg

to trick the check control that the trans computer is there, you just have to ground out the gray pin in front (#10) on this 12 pin harness plug. you can pull pin #5 from the blue range switch plug that is no longer used from the auto trans shifter.

BtTM49U.jpg

MF6S55S.jpg

to get the reverse lights to work, here is the adapter that I made. i have the entire body harness from my parts car, so i can pull all kinds of nice factory plugs and already crimped pins.

xOft7cw.jpg

my custom factory pin puller (take an metal extending antenna apart from an old radio, e30, etc)

PtjQQfg.jpg

i also switched out my HVAC panel with a fully working one while i was at it, and moved my ASC switch up by the fog light switch.

R0T6fLZ.jpg

and the shift console all back together! used the weight zhp knob (feels great) and thats the m5 shift surround, which has great dividers so your crap doesn't slide around like the standard one.
the open blank is for a usb charging port from george graves on r3v: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=357376 just waiting for it to arrive.
NXouYyc.jpg

yes they are.

well i've put on about 400 miles since the install and have a bit of sad news - between sticky tires, stock suspension, and heavy chassis, I can't just spin the tires from a stop. the b30 has plenty of oomph, acceleration feels at least as fast as my m20 car, which could light them up no problem. until I change some things, no 11s for me. she still is fun as hell though!

mitch, i still plan on keeping my promise though!

new pivot pin, clip and throw out bearing.

50G3mSp.jpg

Awesome job and car.

What does that clip/wire do that is on the inside of the trans?

are you referring to the above picture? the clip holds the release fork lever against the pin on that side. the lever hinges from that point as the clutch slave piston pushes the other side of the lever toward the engine.  most of the force on that end of the fork is forcing the lever against the pin behind it, so its just a measly clip to hold it steady.

ah shit that sucks!  was it the white m3 with the modena interior? i want that interior in my car!  i was sad because I wanted better pictures and the window was only cracked.

yIQ56vo.jpg

Yeah, hopefully it'll be back on the road by next summer. And yup that's mine! Sorry I was hiding it haha, I haven't had the chance to clean it much since I bought it so I was embarrassed...

That's actually pretty awesome picture by the way!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

boring update, nothing to see here, just posting for the record.

today was f*in beautiful out, so i took advantage and did a brake job and oil change. new pads/rotors all the way around. no upgrades, just stock stuff.

HmsiRmT.jpg

p2r3q5L.jpg

1cdW6F6.jpg

overall, these were the crustiest brakes i've ever pulled off a car. holy strange pad wear grooves.

lE6G5Kf.jpg

5T66h4o.jpg

mmm fresh oil.

uKkDbKx.jpg