WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

YoungCR

Tell me what you think! This is just the beginning of the new and improved WI BIMMERS. The transition process was relatively easy and trouble free with the exception of the profile pictures. Respond with any issues/concerns or questions about the new forum software. If something is missing or not working let me know. It is pretty similar to the old vBulletin setup though.

I'm gonna keep the old forum up for about a week incase we need to transfer anything such as missing data. The old forum is accessible here.

I'll also be starting a blog in the morning that will showcase whenever we update the site or add a new feature. 

Guest 92e36

So far so good looks very nice I like the new style its a lot like Facebook's platform very easy to use! Had trouble logging in due to forgetting my password tho lol

Starquestclub.com changed to this a few months back. The mobile view is great, but the console version isn't as aesthetically pleasing as before. I wish the new content button was more like the old What's New button. It works though=) I read every post that happens on this site=( I'm a sad sad man

In all honesty? It looks really cheap and chincy on a computer. The version when I viewed it on my phones, was awesome.

I'm gonna be working on custom themes for us. Really one of the major reasons for the switch because its based on html/css

Also, notifications, and messages on the very top, to the left of your name. Doesn't show up. but there there.

Don't know why thats blacked out either but I should have it fixed today

You can only have 5 people in a chat=( I wants everyone to be able to join in

We're gonna go for the 20 people license since the chat room seems to be very popular.

I'm gonna be working on custom themes for us. Really one of the major reasons for the switch because its based on html/css

One of the bike forums i use alot switched to this layout a while ago, good to see wibimmers has a similar layout, after getting use to it, its way better.

waiting for different themes, the colors are super similar on my screen

ANOTHER :)

Groups are gone? No that they were used a whole bunch, well... .no that I used them, but are they hiding somewhere?

Yes they are gone. The new software did not have this feature but if it is sorely missed I am able to purchase an add-on to bring them back

Is there any way to make the colors in the thread a bit darker, so its easier to see where one post ends and the next begins?

I'm gonna start tweaking with the forum theme this week as it seems to be the biggest complaint. I agree it needs more contrast as everything is mostly a shade of light gray.