WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

chit chat thread

B C

Overexposed dumpster pic from my ride to the farmer's market this morning. Picked up some excellent strawberries and sugar snaps. I'm moving again and I'm considering unburdening myself of the e21 in the off-chance that someone's been waiting for an opportunity to buy it.

20240615_081849.jpg

On 6/15/2024 at 2:43 PM, HipMF said:

Overexposed dumpster pic from my ride to the farmer's market this morning. Picked up some excellent strawberries and sugar snaps. I'm moving again and I'm considering unburdening myself of the e21 in the off-chance that someone's been waiting for an opportunity to buy it.

20240615_081849.jpg

!

I’ve really fallen behind on updating here. But non-BMW related I finally got my boat in the water this season, and then proceeded to ruin the valve train. Looks like I shut it off before I really hurt it, but it’s still annoying. 

IMG_5305.jpegIMG_5306.jpeg

Peep the rockers, pushrods, and the valve that lost its keepers 🫤IMG_5340.jpeg

On 6/19/2024 at 9:30 AM, m42b32 said:

Those trailer wheels are so good, bummer on the engine though...

Thanks! I actually bought them for my E36, but when I got them to my shop and put them up against the trailer, I knew it had to happen. 

Engine is a bummer, but I talked to the guy that did all the machining on my engine and he has everything to get me back in the water this season. So Fingers crossed on that. 

I love dreaming, and using Photoshop everyday can really be a bad influence. So like one does, I photoshopped my boat to have a matching tow rig. I've been on the fence about a X35D or an OBS. I really think the OBS makes the most sense. Thoughts?

OBS_JET_E70.pngOBS_JET_V3.pngOBS_JETV2.png

What's really wild is that the price of a nice clean OBS truck has started to sky rocket the last few years, and either one is about the same price.

If you plan to town frequently or thats the main use of the vehicle I would go with the OBS, the X5 is ok for towing and I know theres crazy people on FB that post them towing heavy equipment and such but it just wasn't designed for that.

On 6/30/2024 at 8:18 PM, YoungCR said:

If you plan to town frequently or thats the main use of the vehicle I would go with the OBS, the X5 is ok for towing and I know theres crazy people on FB that post them towing heavy equipment and such but it just wasn't designed for that.

My boat is maybe 3500lbs max with the trailer? Im sure either will handle the job. I know the x5 will be much nicer and better on fuel, but the OBS has a longer wheel base and is an actual truck so it would likely be a better option for longer drives. 

9 minutes ago, Jdesign said:

My boat is maybe 3500lbs max with the trailer? Im sure either will handle the job. I know the x5 will be much nicer and better on fuel, but the OBS has a longer wheel base and is an actual truck so it would likely be a better option for longer drives. 

If you wanna test out towing with my X5 sometime we could plan a boating day when it’s not hot as hell out 🥵

On 7/8/2024 at 8:24 AM, YoungCR said:

If you wanna test out towing with my X5 sometime we could plan a boating day when it’s not hot as hell out 🥵

Ideally you want to test the boat when it is hot as hell out, it makes perfect swimming weather. Either way, I dropped the heads back off at the machinist so I will let you know when I'm back in business for a boat day and we can test it out! 🤘

19 hours ago, Jdesign said:

Ideally you want to test the boat when it is hot as hell out, it makes perfect swimming weather. Either way, I dropped the heads back off at the machinist so I will let you know when I'm back in business for a boat day and we can test it out! 🤘

Alright I’ll put on some sun screen 😂 that makes sense for break in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...