WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E30 M50 tear down kinda thing

StewCrew

removable core support is a great idea. interested to see how you will do yours.

I agree. I'm hoping to copy him ;)

I first saw the idea on r3v, but Im going to do it a bit differently. Hopefully lots of pictures and updates to come tonight to get this thread back on track. Even if I wasnt going to replace the core support anyway I think this is an awesome idea for an car/e30. Hopefully it goes well!

I will make my front-end removable one of these days. I didnt even need an engine hoist back in high school when I swapped a 2.0 16v into an 85 Golf. I simply rolled the engines in and out on furniture dollies. The I6+transmission reaches some pretty steep angles on its way in and out of an E30 otherwise.

I will make my front-end removable one of these days. I didnt even need an engine hoist back in high school when I swapped a 2.0 16v into an 85 Golf. I simply rolled the engines in and out on furniture dollies. The I6+transmission reaches some pretty steep angles on its way in and out of an E30 otherwise.

Just drop the front subframe, ;) That's what we used to do on S13's.. So much easier.

Did you get that 1/4" head gasket I refereed you to? ;)

Went with a 4" mls gasket. I want my plastic fuel rail cover to stick out of the hood.

This is is exactly what I'm hoping to solve :)