List of things ordered:

Water pump

Valve cover gasket

Cam position sensor

Crank position sensor

Thermostat and thermostat housing

Vanos gasket

Left and right lower timing cover gasket

Things I still need to order are a MLS headgasket and a 1-piece timing chain tensioner. But I got a majority of the things checked off of my list :) Im sure theres more things I notice while it is going back together, but thats okay. Im glad I got a good chunk of it ordered.

This thing's coming along nicely Jacob! :) keep up the work!

Gracias Senior Rainey!

Between all the M50 and turbo related stuff on here I cant keep things straight. Are you eventually going turbo?

Yes he is :D

Hahaha I go back and forth on this every day. I just want to get it all together first and worry about boost later. There's a lot going on with the car right now and I'm going to hold off on overwhelming myself even more. But in the future a holset may be involved :)

Do yourself a favor and replace the knock sensors while you have everything apart. They're often cracked and are not fun to get to.

Ahh good call! I wouldn't want to go back and replace them when it's all said and done.. Added to the list.

cool to see this motor come apart! was there something wrong with it, or did you just want to dive in? how many more miles did you put on it?

also, the bags of cheetos are in the transmission.

Nothing major was wrong at all man! The very first time driving it home with the swap I bottomed it out reeaally hard (with my skid plate on luckily). I live in the middle of nowhere so I should have known. But that caused the lower timing seal to drip oil. Not a lot, but still. And I honestly only put about 100 miles on it. The motor always ran strong, but it was always one thing or another with the car itself, but I definitely got to enjoy it. Anyway I figured while I'm changing the lower timing gasket, I would freshen up the rest of the motor since I've never done an actual rebuild before.

That explains why no fluid came out of the trans... Clogged with Cheetos... (Totally kidding, the trans fluid looked great lol)

cool to see this motor come apart! was there something wrong with it, or did you just want to dive in? how many more miles did you put on it?

also, the bags of cheetos are in the transmission.

Ever since Dan let me take a quick drive in his old car with that drivetrain I have wanted a nice shifting transmission. That thing is great!

Indeed. Hey if you have someone else who wants to buy those injectors feel free to sell them. A mls head gasket is one of the last major things I need, so unfortunately that comes before injectors :/

Yea no worries man. I sold the first set I was looking to sell, but I still have another.

Nothing major was wrong at all man! The very first time driving it home with the swap I bottomed it out reeaally hard (with my skid plate on luckily). I live in the middle of nowhere so I should have known. But that caused the lower timing seal to drip oil. Not a lot, but still. And I honestly only put about 100 miles on it. The motor always ran strong, but it was always one thing or another with the car itself, but I definitely got to enjoy it. Anyway I figured while I'm changing the lower timing gasket, I would freshen up the rest of the motor since I've never done an actual rebuild before.

That explains why no fluid came out of the trans... Clogged with Cheetos... (Totally kidding, the trans fluid looked great lol)

when i offered to sell the skid plate to you and you mentioned you were going to make your own, did i make a face like 'yeah, ok'? because i feel like i would have, lol. those motors run so low in the chassis.

only 100 miles? that thing is still low mileage!

when i offered to sell the skid plate to you and you mentioned you were going to make your own, did i make a face like 'yeah, ok'? because i feel like i would have, lol. those motors run so low in the chassis.

only 100 miles? that thing is still low mileage!

Hahaha yeah, you totally did. Hindsight is 20/20... Should have bought Dan's skid plate haha.

Hey stew, what are the spring rates you have on those bc's? I'm thinking about following you on those..

They normally come 8k front/10k rear but I special ordered 10k/12k and have them set to 13 clicks up front and 15 clicks in back, it rides like a dream. However when I bought mine, there were no vendors in the US who carried bc coilovers for an e30, so I had to wait a total of like two and a half months while they made them from scratch and shipped them from Germany. Hopefully you'll have better luck than that hahah.

^thats exactly what rates I was thinking. Thanks man. I'm excited to get them. If you were to do it again, would you do the same thing?

Absolutely. I have rode in tons of lowered cars, but none of them were as comfy. My evo when I owned it was on the ground, and at times it felt like shit. I recommend BCs to everyone man.

Posted Image

When I was this low it rode almost as good as stock. This was also before I adjusted the front camber so the fitment was kinda meh. All of this coilover talk is making me miss driving it again lol.

10K front, 12k rear? Should be the otherway around. higher spring rates in the front, lower rear. Unless stuff is Different in Subaru WRX STi's. But I doubt that.

I've been doing a ton of research on this for e30's and for some reasons all of them have lower spring rates in the front. Do not know why.