WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E30 M50 tear down kinda thing

StewCrew

Oh god me too. Its going to be so nice having the car exactly how I want it to be with the swap, where when I first swapped it I was in kind of a hurry.

New hydro ordered, boom! This is by far what Im most excited about :D

I'm going to buy you a beer or something some day for thread jacking you all the time haha. I'm stoked to see this slide.

I'm going to buy you a beer or something some day for thread jacking you all the time haha. I'm stoked to see this slide.

Hahaha works for me. I don't care about the off-topicness, it keeps it interesting. Besides, this thread was made for me to dump pics of the car/motor as it came along. The few who have been following know what's going on lol.

Posted Image

Trade you a couple beers for my old hydro if youre still insterested? Lol. Or you can buy it for cheap, I dont care. Cheap as in like, $30 and a high-five.

Some updates for tonight..

MY MLS HEADGASKET FINALLY FUCKING CAME!!! Words cannot describe how happy I was to see this when I got home from work today. Holy shit. I get excited just looking at this picture.

Posted Image

I also painted my bay tonight. If this were a show car, I would have touched every single scratch and imperfection to make it perfect. But its not. At all. So I didnt care.

Self-etching primer layer 1

Posted Image

Self-etching primer layer 2

Posted Image

Semi-gloss black coat 1

Posted Image

Semi-gloss black coat 2

Posted Image

And finally, semi-gloss black coat 3 after its almost dried and with the core support on

Posted Image

Thats all. Time to get my head to the machine shop down the street ASAP!

Yayyyyuuyuyuuuyyuyuyyyyyyy

You are worlds fastest post responder, I swear.

Also, my subframe support brackets came the other day. They ship from Illinois for those interested. They are going to be tough to weld in without pulling the subframe, so I need to figure out how Im going to do that. Its been a while since I welded upside down in a dark space, so we'll see.

I would love to get that hydro from you good sir. $30 and a couple high fives would be great.

Couple, he said a high five. Hell at this point you might as well give him a hand jibber

Woah Row.. were just friends man relax..

Lol Im kidding, you can have a few.

Also, did you have to install another set of calipers in the back or just ran the lines to the oem rear calipers?

You cut the line under the car going to the rear T and double flare your newly cut ends. The hydro has an inlet port and an outlet port. You then make two lines. The line coming from the brake master (from the front of the car) goes in the inlet. Then run a second line from the outlet to the line going to the rear T. Bleed brakes like normal, and you have a working in-line hydro :)

I'll help if you need it. It real easy. Luckily my car had a union fitting literally right underneath the car so I didnt have to cut anything. Im not sure if yours has that too. Not that it really makes a difference, just saves some flaring time. Because no one likes flaring time.

Yea that seems pretty simple. What year is your car? I have a late model 325i. Did you brakes feel any different after you were done?

Nah, its not hard at all man! Im on the opposite end of the spectrum. Mines an '84. Mine felt different at first but that's because I didn't bleed them enough. That extra line really makes a difference, so bleed them well.