WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Build Thread?

GunMetalGrey

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing progress since I saw the car last night. I'm speachless.

Seriously though, that car needs to get back on the road and working right by summer. I'm hoping to have my beater together this weekend, and get the paint booth project wrapped up. Should be able to paint the bay within a week or two... :)

Ha, it amusing to look at pictures of it and then think of what it looks like right now. Nowhere near as cool... 
Summer is my goal, as always. Waiting for this cold strike to calm down a bit. That is really a BS excuse, maybe my lazy ass will go there today and get some work done. 
You cannot call it a beater after what has been done to it lol. 

• 1 month later...

I bought an aftermarket core support for my Maxima and I got what I paid for, half as much as OE and also half as thick.  Fell apart within a year.  The engine cradle mounts to the core support in the center and I ended up welding angle iron across to support the engine cradle.  Not very pretty but sturdy. 

TLDR: spend the money for OE.

322214_x800.jpg
On it's way. Even from that picture and the previous pictures you can see exactly what I am talking about on the top of it. 
I ended up getting it from a different supplier, at $240 shipped. Went to the dealer to see what they would charge, it was $120 more but as it turns out there are still 722 late model core supports left in the world. That is quite a few! 

I tossed some primer down into the engine bay to take a better look at my filler jobs! Will post pictures of that tomorrow most likely, I didn't feel like hanging around the fumes to find out how it looked! I did finish swapping over the seats from HipMF's car into mine! Much better condition seats, and I also vacuumed the carpet, and re-installed the under dash cover that goes above the pedals. Looks much better! 
Oh! I also ordered this! Finally something to put in the center of my steering wheel!
Momo+Corse+Original+Italy+Horn+Button+(A