WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

WIbimmers Off Topic Thread

Ryan...

Tj you better to kidding.......

The s50 was sold to a guy in GB that swapped it into am e34.. I was gonna turbo the Delphin at the time..

And in other news; looking at a clean '76 2002 on Monday morning, if I buy it it's gonna get the m42 and 5 speed out of the rolled 318is. Stripped out interior, only front carpet, radio, 2 speakers, 2 sparcos, no AC, IE stage 2 springs and f/r sway bars, all new bushings, and a curb weight of just under 2000lbs ;)

With a COP kit, intake, free flowing exhaust + chip I'd be hitting roughly 130whp, enough fr some shenanigans. Gonna need fender flares too, cause me wants some 16x8 wheels, and some 225/45/16 bfg kdw 2 tires.

Edited by Ryan...

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hate it when you have to sell me your transmission because mine is going to the shitter. Such a sad day. I should be able to go pull the motor ect for you soon. What do you want done with the motor? I may offer to store it for you. In a nice enviroment. Unless you wanted it in your huge massive enormous garage that should really be turned into a work space .

They're just insanely sexy.. Out of boredom I've been doing a lot of research on them, and this is the conclusion I've come to:

The Porsche Carbon Ceramic Brakes, when used with the proper pads (street vs track), would last a street car well over 100k miles if you change your pads before they get below 30%.

The replacement parts such as clutch, shocks, bushings, etc.. really aren't THAT bad compared to most supercars ($960-1200 for the clutch)..

It can get up to 23mpg hwy, the same as my WRX.

The GT3/GT2/997 motors are not plagued by the same engine issues the 996 had, making it a very reliable motor. Its said they're more reliable than the e46 M3!

The NA 3.6 motor pushes out 415hp

It has a 305/30/19 tire in the rear = insanity.

Long story short; in 3-4 years, when the price drops into the $55-60k range for one, I'll be talking to banks and taking out a loan on an orange/black GT3 RS.

I'll live in a 2 bedroom house, with a 3 car garage, preferably in a town near some epic roads to play on every single day.

Posted Image

/dream