Ryan...

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My plans for this spring/summer:

Purchase dirt cheap e30 or baby truck to use as DD.

Pull motor/trans from Subaru.

Rebuild motor with Manley forged pistons, Manley H-beams, rods, and race bearings, and an oem STI camshaft = 2.1l stroker for $1300

Sell oem turbo and acquire Vf39 (or similar) from STI. Acquire aftermarket STI injectors and warlbro fuel pump = $950

Rebuild 5 speed trans with LGT gears (stronger, better acceleration 1-4, 5th gets better mpg) = $500

Front mount intercooler - $650

Pro tune would run approx $500

End goal would be a reliable 290-310whp, on a like new motor/trans, 25+ mpg, and a bit more low end grunt w/o losing any steam up top :)

All for under $4k. That would put me at just under $10k stuck into my car, not including the RPF1s and Brembos. Not bad considering fully stock WRXs often see $10k price tags with over 100k miles. Mine would be reliable, overbuilt for the power, and have a damn near brand new motor/trans.

• 2 weeks later...

It's so hard to find the parts youre looking for in your body color. Something about paying to have things painted just feels dirty.

The only reason I pulled the trigger on this combo was the fact that its about $200 cheaper than anywhere else, and the seller actually responds to texts/emails!!!!!!!!!!! That alone was the main selling point lol

Plus, my uncle does supreme body work for a living, so painting it should be no problem whatsoever. Not to mention, I'm tossing around the idea of repainting my entire car this spring; OEM subaru paint is a joke, and I'm seeing some minor surface rust popping up in some places that I do not appreciate.