WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

WI BIMMERS Fall Meet 2015 - Saturday October 24th

wasnt m3

How long is the cruise portion of the day expected to last?

Apparently a extended family member from out of town on my wife's side will be in FDL Saturday evening, so everyone is meeting there for dinner. Wife said its fine if I'm late, but trying to lock down a timeline for everything. I'm not sure if I'll come for 1pm GTG, then head home after cruise/pics for dinner, or come down for post-cruise pics and karting and be late for dinner....

Either way - planning to take the daily E90 for now. I'd rather take the E30, but logistically it works better to take the E90.

Isn't that the goal of the car anyway?

I will be subsonic. I'm not a real man.

I feel you there. Lots of one step forward two steps back.

That, but with me, it's also that the car is off site and I haven't had time to get to it.  In the next month, I hope ot have it at my shed through the winter.  Then back to GB for tuning.

i don't see that many posts on the FB event page. Just a couple of idiots asking if their non-bmw cars are welcome and posting pics of them as if we'll be impressed and that should justify their presence even though they drive janky shitboxes.

maybe i'm missing something.

i won't be karting, sadly. My side-gig has a deployment we need to do this weekend and some premium fuckery from the last software devs that we took this project over from is causing some delays. I'll be leaving after we are done cruising 

I just had this conversation with a friend about half an hour ago. I think it would have worked well had we been able to control the invites.

Hasn't been such a big deal before with past events but I guess you can make the event private with the option to invite friends of friends.

I'm all for anybody coming to the meet without a BMW who genuinely wants to meet/learn about our cars. People showing up to make a scene though isn't cool.

Hasn't been such a big deal before with past events but I guess you can make the event private with the option to invite friends of friends.

I'm all for anybody coming to the meet without a BMW who genuinely wants to meet/learn about our cars. People showing up to make a scene though isn't cool.

Agreed.  A BMW meet should focus (primarily) on the people and cars in the BMW community. People shouldnt be showing up in their beater minivans and parking with the BMWs....oh wait  -___-

In my opinion, non-BMW folks (or ANY oddballs at model/genre specific gathering)shouldn't be showcasing their stuff unless someone approaches them and wants to know more. You dont pull your 328i into a classic  hot rod gathering and try to fit in and similarly you dont park your damn minivan with the M3s at a BMW gathering. Additionally, non-BMW folks should be inclined to interact with the BMW folks and not segregate themselves into some antisocial 240sx gangbang that sits and vapes in the corner and discusses the finer points of angled sticker application.

As far as drives/cruises. I feel its important to be able to trust the people that are part of your drive group since one bad apple can really spoil the bunch. Fun can and should be had but that comes with a prioritization of safety, common sense, and having a strong hold on the "right place right time" concept.  Naturally, someone with a Subaru COBB stage eleventy + anodized aluminum tow hook could be tempted to show someone from a different following (BMW guys) what a REAL CAR can do and if they are unknown to our community we dont have a gauge on how they might behave or what the extent of their showing off may be.

Im not trying to make any rules here, im just pushing my opinions on everyone else because its Friday and being an opinionated BMW douche is more appealing than doing actual work.

I'm planning on having an awesome time as usual regardless of what happens but it will be interesting to observe and see if any unwanted things arise.

Might be the last meet "advertised" on Facebook. Not much we can do since we are all meeting in public places with no official reservations.

If you don't want non-BMW's showing up, maybe... oh I don't know.... State it's a BMW only cruise?!?!?

The fact that it's "hosted" by WIBimmers does not make it a BMW only event. Viewing the FB page - It appears to be a Fall Meet... Nowhere - anywhere - does it state it's a BMW only event.

Still won't stop some people - but that's life. The multiple "Can I bring this?" questions could have all been eliminated with 1 additional sentence in the description and some better wording.