WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

HWY 100

cburn

never understood that part of the car scene. cruise a busy traffic-congested hwy? do loud exhaust fly-bys of random people so they will look at you? sit in parking lots late at night with your underglow on and stereos blasting? meh.

at 10pm I'd rather be on a quiet country road with the windows down, enjoying the breeze and letting the inline-six sing.

I used to go down there when I lived in the area.  It was cool to see what other people were driving and doing with there cars.  Most of the time we sat in the Starbucks or Culvers parking lots and watched cars drive past and let the shenanigans unfold in front of us.

To somebody who's never done it or seen it busy it's hard to explain why you would do it.  There's something satisfying about pulling into Oscars to get ice cream and there are various levels of modified cars all backed in with more cars cruising past.  I always said I would be that "old guy" in my nice car still cruising... I didn't realize that I'd be that "old guy" by my late 20's lol.  

I used to go down there when I lived in the area.  It was cool to see what other people were driving and doing with there cars.  Most of the time we sat in the Starbucks or Culvers parking lots and watched cars drive past and let the shenanigans unfold in front of us.

To somebody who's never done it or seen it busy it's hard to explain why you would do it.  There's something satisfying about pulling into Oscars to get ice cream and there are various levels of modified cars all backed in with more cars cruising past.  I always said I would be that "old guy" in my nice car still cruising... I didn't realize that I'd be that "old guy" by my late 20's lol.  

I hear that man.  How quickly time flies.  I'll be telling my kids not to go down there in another blink of the eye.

i've been cruising hwy for 16 years. Never stopped doing it. I just don't go as often as I used to. I'd say I get out there 5 times a year. 

These days I mainly go there to cruise with my business partner (forum member dastuz) because I live in Hartland and he lives in Franklin, so it's a convenient spot for us to meet up and catch up on things, and we both like driving so, there ya go I guess. 

Also, the days of ricer flybys and whatnot are mostly gone. The highway is rarely that congested - honestly after the Fast and Furious hype died down, the racing went way down with it. 90% of the people out there are just cruising. I've had idiots in Subarus talk shit to me but they are half my age and I'm a winner so I don't really care, but more often than not it's just a convenient place to drive and see a few cool cars. 

I personally don't like driving in the boonies when it is dark because it's just plain dangerous to drive the backroads in terms of hitting wildlife at night. As quiet as it is, too many deer, coons, etc. In my 2008 135i I hit 2 coons 20 yards apart once and after that I said no I'm done racing around the backroads at night. 

i've been cruising hwy for 16 years. Never stopped doing it. I just don't go as often as I used to. I'd say I get out there 5 times a year. 

These days I mainly go there to cruise with my business partner (forum member dastuz) because I live in Hartland and he lives in Franklin, so it's a convenient spot for us to meet up and catch up on things, and we both like driving so, there ya go I guess. 

Also, the days of ricer flybys and whatnot are mostly gone. The highway is rarely that congested - honestly after the Fast and Furious hype died down, the racing went way down with it. 90% of the people out there are just cruising. I've had idiots in Subarus talk shit to me but they are half my age and I'm a winner so I don't really care, but more often than not it's just a convenient place to drive and see a few cool cars. 

I personally don't like driving in the boonies when it is dark because it's just plain dangerous to drive the backroads in terms of hitting wildlife at night. As quiet as it is, too many deer, coons, etc. In my 2008 135i I hit 2 coons 20 yards apart once and after that I said no I'm done racing around the backroads at night. 

Well said man.  I have accelerated in a spirited fashion a few times this year.  I never break the speed limit and the xi is really good off the line so that works in my favor.  Though it's rare to get a red light where you are in front.  You always have some fart can or a giant diesel truck in front of you.

Well, maybe I'll see you down there one of these weekends.

Cheers,

Burn

Hunting, eh.  I haven't had any real competition on the strip the few times I've been down there this year.  Shit I pulled hard on a cbr1000 from the line all the way to 50mph (max I'm willing to go).  He was at my rear quarter panel at 50.  I know that is just about the time he would start to move past me as if I was standing still but it was pretty fun anyways.

Me and another 335 were messing around one night and he pulled on me one round then I pulled on him and so on.  That's what I love.  I have no idea what he was running  Maybe he's on here - hey black e90 335i guy I played with in my black 335xi you on here? (Early this spring or maybe last summer I can't recall)  What mods?

Is it mostly Friday nights or is there action on Sat too?

Hrm.  Maybe it was.  My memory said black but I could be wrong.  Did you play with me?

Don't think so, I try not to mess with anyone since it's always flooded with police. I did see a black LCI 335i xdrive there last summer, I talked to the guy, I think he said he had just got the car.

• 3 weeks later...