WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Hey-New guy

denialchild45

Alright, so he hasn't been back yet.  His Trans Am was there one day, otherwise no one has been next to me all weekend.  Insurance claim was filed and should be getting it looked at today/tomorrow.  To add insult to injury, I took off work early on Friday to speak with my apartment manager and he informed me there is currently no DVR system in place and the cameras are inactive in the parking lot/building as a whole (makes me feel REAAAAAALLY safe), so I can't even prove it was him unless insurance makes me fill out a police report/checks the paint.  And I'm not saying backing in your car makes you a douchebag, backing in your car and not knowing how park said vehicle makes you a douchebag.  The lines in my  lot are all even with each other and if you can line your car up with someone else, then maybe you shouldn't park like that.

Here is a pic of the Trans AM.  Granted he's still "in his spot" he's still can't park that well.  Whenever the truck is there, I have to back out to have my passenger get in because they can't open the door due to his amazing parking skills.

IMG_7686.jpg

*More updates to follow

Ok, car is again not back, but now there is an Impala parked in its place (still parking like an asshole).  I got my estimate, but since I financed my car, they put the bank's name on the check as well-  Does anyone know if I can deposit this directly into my own account or is this going straight to who I financed with?

Impala has been MIA and so has the truck.... Part of me is thinking he up and moved.  I asked someone at the building if they have seen the car (this person kinda helps in the leasing office/homebody/weird ) and she said they haven't seen the truck and that they think the lease ended this month.  Office Manager said to have my insurance company contact him and he'll approach the guy, if he's there.  If not, I do have the truck's license plate information.  Any suggestions on how to proceed or say f it and just get stuff fixed?

personally I'd just have my insurance take care of it. Toss them his license plate info and let them do what they want with it. Your rates may not even go up. If they do, it would probably not be a lot. You have to look at what your time and hassle is worth to try and track this guy down and prove he's to blame, compared to how much your rates might go up if you go through with your current claim. Personally, I can say that when I crashed my last 135, I totaled the fuck out of it, and my insurance went up like, 20 bucks a month. That was way more monetary damage than what you're talking about here. I'd be surprised if you even saw a 10 dollar/mo rate hike due to something like this. Your deductible is the other consideration but I assume you have a normal 250-500 or so like the rest of us. My time is worth 100 bucks an hour currently, so I weigh that pretty heavily - when things don't quite go the way I want them to, I always ask myself "is it even worth my time?" 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Definitely been slacking.  Have had some health issues that have taken precedence over doing anything to my car lately.  I went to my bartending job Saturday night and a brand new SL550 AMG backed into my front bumper twice  (multiple witnesses)... Going to get an estimate on that and see if it's more cost-effective to get a new bumper or re-do my stock e90.  It seems like they want to keep it off of their insurance which is also good.