WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

So..i miss driving my car...who else stores theres in the winter time?

Bobdudeman1988

How do you know if they can fold? I've never tried pushing mine... I was under the assumption that they don't fold at all.

It should be a small round button with a mirror symbol on it. I think it was a standard feature after 2005 on all cars but don't qoute me. You should be able to manually fold them in too.

If theyer power theres a button by the adjuster button.

as Michael said there would be a button by your power window switches, but if you push it, the car will only fold the mirrors below 10 mph. As far as the key fob, 1ers didn't come with that and needs to be specially coded.

My 1er does not have this. I don't think I have Premium Package... so maybe it's included in there.

I'm too scared to manually fold them. Accidentally find out that they aren't foldable and I break the fricken thing off.

Well, my beater is sounding like it's about to die. I'm biting the bullet and getting snow tires put on my 1er tomorrow. So I guess I wont' have to miss driving it anymore, lol. 

My vmr 710s are worn a bit anyway (some peeling clearcoat) so they will make good winter wheels. 

Gives me a good excuse to buy a new shiny set of APEX EC-7 for the track/summer. Now I will have to debate though between black or anthracite finish

It's a curse... they need attention.

I love driving my 1er in the winter.

yeah i feel kinda bad about driving it but at the same time....i love that car too much. 

I talked to dastuz about it and he had the following wisdom to impart via prodding me with logical questions:

1) are you gonna drive it like a huge tool and spin out? No.

2) Do you think the car will become collectible i.e. you want low mileage? No.

3) Will you reasonably keep the car clean and wash it every week? Yes.

4) Will you just collect insurance and buy another BMW if someone plows into you and totals the shit out of it? Yes.

Ok then. I guess we're driving a 1er in winter. 

yeah i feel kinda bad about driving it but at the same time....i love that car too much. 

I talked to dastuz about it and he had the following wisdom to impart via prodding me with logical questions:

1) are you gonna drive it like a huge tool and spin out? No.

2) Do you think the car will become collectible i.e. you want low mileage? No.

3) Will you reasonably keep the car clean and wash it every week? Yes.

4) Will you just collect insurance and buy another BMW if someone plows into you and totals the shit out of it? Yes.

Ok then. I guess we're driving a 1er in winter. 

I'm hanging this on my wall.