WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

So..i miss driving my car...who else stores theres in the winter time?

Bobdudeman1988

Well I stopped driving it when I bought the Honda because I was commuting 60 miles a day and it was pissing fuel from the return line. I replaced the entire fuel system from the injection pump back with braided fuel lines, a lift pump and 42 gal fuel tank.

Once the temps dropped it was weak starting and now won't start outside at all since I cant plug it in my condo lot. figured out I'm probably missing a ground somewhere in my cranking circuit and my battery cables need to be replaced so I'm gonna replace the battery cables with some upgraded 00 gauge ones a guy makes, probably new glow plugs and wires, rebuild/replaced starter and throw in the 'bigger 99 model year radiator and flush the cooling system. While I have the front end apart I'll replace the grill and straighten out the bumper too.

E28 is gonna get the interior taken out so I can throw in the correct carpet, do a pass to driver seat swap and rewire the premium sound system. Probably will start working on getting the trans out to do that swap. Big to do list for spring!

I cry a bit every time I walk out to the garage and hop into my corolla beater as I look over at my 1er. I miss driving it every day. 

I also contemplate picking up a higher mileage 335xi nearly every day. As long as it had cold-weather package, I'd be happy to use it as my beater. My 'yota has 253k on the clock and is burning/losing 2 quarts of oil every 250-300 miles, and the other day I was quite sure the motor was going to give out in rush hour. Rebuild kits for the engine are like, sub-300 bucks so I considered tearing it down and just redoing all the internals, but then I struggle with the mentality of "well then the transmission will go, and I'll spend even more money picking up a used one". 

oh, and yeah, folding mirrors are tits. 1ers don't do it inherently on the fob, but I had mine coded to fold them when I lock the car. 

How do you know if they can fold? I've never tried pushing mine... I was under the assumption that they don't fold at all.

as Michael said there would be a button by your power window switches, but if you push it, the car will only fold the mirrors below 10 mph. As far as the key fob, 1ers didn't come with that and needs to be specially coded.