WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Back in the BMW game (Another E30 to add to the masses).

Hello all! I joined a few years ago when I had an E90 but ended up selling it soon after. Just recently picked up a 91 318is as a project car and decided it was time to get sociable.

I'm Mitch from Oshkosh. The 91 318is is a 5spd coupe I bought in the Milwaukee area. It is a former Cali car with just one rust blister in the lower rear wheel well. 

Anyway, While she is stored for the winter I plan to try and do clean up, make sure it is mechanically sound and get a coilover setup installed before next spring. Hoping to be more active on here and maybe catch up for a few meets once the snow thaws.

post-2610-0-42142600-1417143606_thumb.jp

my only nickname ever given was "turbo" so maybe that will help lol. Ill change my sig or something haha. 

I wonder if that would make me "NA" by default. lol

It's a bit rusty underneath, and has over 200k on the clock. The interior is black and in pretty good shape considering the mileage.

Definitely looks good from the pic. I'll need paint if I want mine to be presentable 

You'd be amazed what you can do with alittle time, a random orbital buffer, and some good buffing compounds. Most people never bother to put in the elbow grease but it's worth ever minute.

Original 25 year old paint on entire drivers side - new paint on hood/bumper:

You're killing me! lol Mine had a few too many days in the Texas/Cali sun and decided to peel. I have plenty of dents to tackle as well. (Pic doesn't do it justice but this was the day I picked it up. Hood was already rattle-canned).

00A0A_eHGUvYqfTie_600x450.jpg