WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New BMW enthusiast from the Chippewa Valley

Hello!
Was told about this forum by KaiserRolls, so here I am!

I currently have 3 BMWs. I started with an 88 SuperETA E30 and still beat on it when it runs. Then I bought an 03 330i, which is usually my DD. I also have an 89 325i, but it's just a parts unit for now until I hopefully someday turn it into a trailer.

I'm building my E46 for the SCCA STX class.

IMG_20140614_142321.jpg

IMG_20140614_142744.jpg

I'm building my E30 for NASA SE30.
IMG_20131106_124211.jpg
th_TRIM_20140503_121547.jpg
^^^Video

unshameful plug: A local car club I'm associated with is having their monthly cars and coffee meet this coming Saturday in Eau Claire. Come on out! They accept anything with wheels.
http://www.cvscc.org/chippewa-valley-cars-and-coffee.html

Thanks all!
Well I don't really know Kaiser personally. Were just on the same local car forum.

So you're going to be doing an M20 swap? Does your car just have the 4cyl? I have some M20 engines I'd be willing to part with.
I just did an E to I swap last summer in mine. Sadly I have to pull it back out sometime soon to do a rebuild.
These old BMWs are so much nicer to work on than the newer ones.

Yeah the last owner of his car did an M50 swap. He will deny it publicly, but inside he is itching for some M20 muscle. 

okay, not really.

I am the local anti-M50-swap guy on the forum and my job isn't complete if I dont heckle Kaiser for his extra 12 valves. 

I would be interested in a spare M20B25 though :)

I don't have a complete M20B25 besides the one in my car, just a head. I think I might keep the head for my S-ETA short block for a "stroker I". If someone really really wanted it, I'd probably sell.
I have a complete but separated M20B27 though. I was told the head was rebuilt and then never used because of an engine swap.

M50 may make more power, but the M20 sounds better ;)

CVSCC is having an autocross 6/29 at CVTC in Eau Claire if anyone is interested.

http://myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventDetail.Show?psevent_id=14916