Who sells bodily fluids for BMW parts?

jc43089

Who sells/donates plasma  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you donate plasma?

• My BMW wouldn't survive without it
    • I have never heard of doing this.
    • It's not for me.

I go to Biolife in Dubuque IA where I work, the base rate is 20 for the first time and 30 for the second time in a week.  Most months there is a bonus like an extra 5 or 10 on the second so it 20/35-40.  Sometimes the bonus is an extra 20 on the 5th donation and 40 on the 7th in a month. 

Long story short if you go twice a week its about 250 a month.  Not a ton of money but easy to justify spending it on fun stuff to my wife.  I don't go that much, maybe twice a week for a couple weeks and then skip a couple weeks depending on work schedule.

Also I am just under the weight cutoff so I only have to do the minimum amount, so I am usually only there for about 45 mins, bigger guys will take longer.

I do it twice a week - easy money! Also - once you have a house/kids/etc.... Car money gets alittle harder to come by.

Worst you'll get could be some bruising, but in the last 6 months I've bruised maybe twice (penny spot for 2-3 days). I also lift at the gym for at least 1 hour a day - no I'll effects from donating.

Just curious, what does this even pay?

I donated at Interstate Blood Bank in high school for a bit when I was between jobs. They used to pay a premium the first 6? donations then it goes down after that. I was below 150lbs at that point so I didn't get paid as much since I couldn't donate as much. I wanna say after the initial period I was making like $50 a week. Not bad for two hours time. 

how do you feel after doing this?

You gotta be healthy (along with no drugs/alcohol in your system). I couldn't donate the first time I tried because of a cold. Basically you wanna do it on a full stomach because if your blood sugar is low you'll feel like your gonna pass out since you'll have some of your blood missing for 40 minutes. If you have tiny veins it probably is more trouble then its worth as you'll bruise easily if the technicians suck. 

• 3 weeks later...