WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New Member from Green Bay!

Hello everyone! Just got referred to this forum through a PM on bimmerforums while trying to resolve an issue I have right now!(More on that later). Anyhow I bought my first BMW from a friend who owned it before me. The first time I rode in the car I fell in love with it, I learned to drive stick in it and have always enjoyed the car. It had a sentimental value so I was eager to have my own and actually wanted that one. My friend went into the airforce so the opportunity arose to buy the car and I sprang. To any other e36 owners you know how the rocker panels rust! Mine were bad so I spent this whole summer attacking rust, filling holes and I painted the car myself with my dad! It turned out really well, I made some mistakes but learned a ton! This is my first BMW after all and I partially consider it a learning car. I haven't done any mods since I am in high school and can't afford it but I really want to get an e36 m3 and turbo it!

Mostly I haven't had any issues with the car but I just ran into a problem I don't know how to fix! It's been about 10 degrees all week and so I pulled my car into a free spot in the garage last night! It started fine. This morning I went to start it and it cranked and turned over but wouln't start! I suspected a weak battery so I went and got a replacement, after it was in I had the same issue. Turning over, with what seem to be a weak cough in like cylinder 6 and then nothing from there on out. I seem to have fuel pressure and all my lights work plus I just changed the oil 106 miles ago! If you have any suggestions or are in the area and could come over to help me diagnose this I would really appreciate it. I really enjoy driving my car and I want to get the darn thing running again. 

Sorry for the first long post! Thanks again everyone, Im excited to be part of the new forum thats Wisconsin based!

Thanks for the compliments! I love the color too!

The jack holes were pretty rusted out so I didn't trust them anymore. The owner before me just let the rust progress so there was nothing I could really do. If you want any tips or product suggestions let me know! I know a thing or two now that ive done it! Also I wish the clear had turned out a little better but it was my first time ever painting a car! The bumpers and mirrors turned out perfect and glossy though! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...