WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New Owner and New Member in Oshkosh

Guest pilotjoe

Guest pilotjoe

Hi All!

I'm Joe, in Oshkosh, WI.  We just purchased our first BMW, a 2014 328d xDrive.  We've owned several German cars in the past (Audi and Porsche) but I've always wanted a BMW, so we finally made the move.  So far, we love it!

I work in aviation as a flight instructor and aircraft mechanic.  I've always been a "motorhead" sort of person, and have raced cars in the past.  I also enjoy motorcycles (specifically Harleys), guitars, guns, scuba diving, and other fun stuff.

I look forward to participating in the forums and hooking up with other Cheesehead BMW owners.

Cheers!

Joe

PS:  I'll post a picture of our car soon.

Guest pilotjoe

Welcome!  Growing up in Oshkosh and being an aviation enthusiast, I'd be interested in learning more about your work.

Hi Andrew,

I worked for EAA for 10 years, from 2001 to 2011.  Then I did some flight instructing for a couple of years.  Last February (geez, almost a year ago already) I went to work for Sonex Aircraft, LLC (www.sonexaircraft.com).  I am the flight instructor in the T-Flight transition training program. I also maintain their fleet of flying prototypes.  When I have time I also help out in the shop.  I really enjoy it!

Cheers!

Joe

Guest pilotjoe
Nice to have you here Joe!  What kind of mileage is that 328d getting?

Thanks for the welcome. Web got about 700 miles on the car as of yesterday. So far it's been averaging about 34 mpg. I consistently see 44 to 48 on the highway.

Cheers!

Joe

Guest pilotjoe

Welcome - I'm also from Oshkosh. Do you know Trish/Adam Barren? They're good friends of mine.

Yep, I know Trish and Adam.  Met them when we all worked together at EAA.  Just saw them on Friday evening!

Yes hooray for Oshkosh. It sucks here but at least some people can share the pain and make the best of it with me. I am actually shopping for an automotive shop to purchase in Oshkosh. I have a shop right now that is warm but no lift. I can start a club out of here or use as a meeting spot for a start...

Guest pilotjoe
Make sure the next time you see Adam you give him some crap about his Corrado never running again. Welcome to the forum - we'll need to have a Oshkosh GTG is spring so we can put some faces to names.

I give Adam crap about the Corrado all the time! I'm all for an OSH GTG anytime. Sounds like fun!!

Joe

"Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat"