WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New ride! 89 e30 vert

jc43089

Thanks!  You can get them at mid america motorworks, cheap too.  It has to be drilled out to fit though, I have a drill bit that is the right size if anyone would like anything drilled for a custom shift knob.  I have some more pics to put up I have just been too busy. 

• 2 weeks later...

I guess the Royal Purple cleans a little too well, I developed a steady oil drip from the oil cooler thermostat end cap, around a drop every 3-5 seconds.  I planned to replace all of the gaskets and o rings on the oil cooler but I called the local BMW dealer and the only part that they had in stock was the cap and o ring.  Good deal because that was the only thing actually leaking.  The parts guy said it was odd because it had been on the shelf since 2008 and they normally don't have stuff more than a year.  I replaced it without removing the whole housing.  Just use a C clamp to hold it in place while installing the retaining ring.

New on the bottom, old on top, the new retaining ring would have been easier to use if it was off of the car, I just reused the old one.  The old o-ring pretty much crumbled when I took it out.

002_zps98741271.jpg

003_zpsc5c5fae4.jpg

And good to go, no more leak.

004_zpsf5641f10.jpg

And it is time, for sale ad photoshoot.

005_zps2726430a.jpg

008_zps9a66b1b2.jpg

006_zpscba1688f.jpg

017_zps750f4865.jpg

007_zpsf9270250.jpg

016_zpsb4593563.jpg

009_zps939e85cb.jpg

018_zpsb7ced3c3.jpg

The only bad points are this little bit of cracking body filler on the fender, and a paint line on the same fender, the carfax shows an accident in '99.  It must not have been too serious because the vin tags all match, it appears the fender was repaired and the ES valance was put on at that time.

022_zpsae88bcbc.jpg

• 1 month later...

Dang! Those lights really completed the front end!

Yes they did, I should have done that sooner.

Finally sold it eh? Nice! Whats in store now?

I need to do a few house projects and then back to my e36 over the winter.  http://www.wibimmers.com/board/index.php?/topic/2092-savin-big-money-project-thread/

Glad you sold it. Verts seem to be becoming increasingly more unpopular. Hope you got what you wanted, and that the new owner enjoys his new ride.

I think they are still pretty popular, it was really fun but I can't have/don't need two summer cars.  I wish I could have kept it.  I actually got a lot of contacts from farther away than I thought I would, Chicago, Minneapolis etc.  And it was only listed on the Madison craigslist.