WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

'88 E30

KaiserRolls

8 hours ago, TehRaydarlover said:

I have a second hand set of these on my beater ix. They're really nice grip wise, but for the life of me I can't figure out why they make them with a flat spot on them. I guess with the m20 having been design for back up generators on the dolphin-class nuclear submarines the low speed rattles help people hear me coming. 

I have no idea what you are talking about lol.
Did someone maybe lock one up and flat spot it before you got them? I lack abs and locked one up (not for long) and it did flat spot. 

In regards to your ABS question
http://www.e30zone.net/e30zonewiki/index.php/ABS_Problems

12 hours ago, TehRaydarlover said:

I have a second hand set of these on my beater ix. They're really nice grip wise, but for the life of me I can't figure out why they make them with a flat spot on them. I guess with the m20 having been design for back up generators on the dolphin-class nuclear submarines the low speed rattles help people hear me coming. 

On a side note, anyone know how to diagnose an abs light?? 

Start with a scanner then move to a multimeter and start testing.

5 hours ago, GunMetalGrey said:

I have no idea what you are talking about lol.
Did someone maybe lock one up and flat spot it before you got them? I lack abs and locked one up (not for long) and it did flat spot. 

In regards to your ABS question
http://www.e30zone.net/e30zonewiki/index.php/ABS_Problems

Sorry tried to be funny.. I'll stop now. Yeah last summer my abs light came on and when I would be just coming to a stop the abs would actually come on and keep me from stopping. Kind of terrifying. To fix this I just pulled the abs relay, now it turns out I can lock up the brakes quite a bit in an emergency lol

*back to Kaiser's rage drift video*

57 minutes ago, TehRaydarlover said:

Sorry tried to be funny.. I'll stop now. Yeah last summer my abs light came on and when I would be just coming to a stop the abs would actually come on and keep me from stopping. Kind of terrifying. To fix this I just pulled the abs relay, now it turns out I can lock up the brakes quite a bit in an emergency lol

*back to Kaiser's rage drift video*

This happened to my car everyday at the same spot while pulling out of the MSOE parking structure. Im not sure if replacing the wheel speed sensors fixed it or if replacing the ABS unit fixed it because I somehow ended up with a spare ABS unit in my parts stash and am not sure if it is the original one from my car, or if its a spare. Its been 4-5 years. 

and back on track: Mitch, breaking tires in is just like bedding brakes. Standing burnout up to 60mph (indicated) then slow down and repeat for 10 or so cycles. 

Post videos.

but really, this is the missing link to your car. RA Autocross is going to be a rush 

• 2 weeks later...
Why is Brookes car missing so many pieces?  Looks like you're in the process of a hover car conversion.

Because innovate wideband. This will be the fourth calibration and it's impossible to find a Bosch 17025 in stock anywhere besides the damn internet. She won't make it to the autox in her car. Which means she gets to drive mine.

12 hours ago, KaiserRolls said:

Because innovate wideband. This will be the fourth calibration and it's impossible to find a Bosch 17025 in stock anywhere besides the damn internet. She won't make it to the autox in her car. Which means she gets to drive mine.

Is Brooke using the Innovate LC-2 or LC-1? If using the LC-2, from Innovate's website it says the LC-2 can use both the LSU 4.2 & the LSU 4.9 O2 sensors. The LC-1 can only use the 4.2 sensor. Seems like the D shaped connector size is what defines the difference.

2016-10-07.png

I guess you would need the correct sensor cable tho if switching to the 4.2 sensor. :/

Not sure, I know the connector says 4.9 on it. The 17014 is too large for the D shaped connector. The 17025 is the only one that fits. I tried the upstream 1.8t thing after snap told me and it is the larger 17014 connector(which is the upstream 1.8t) so yeah. After about 7 stops to various auto parts stores-she just ordered one off the internet