WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

My new toy!!!

Bassboy3313

Just picked up my "new to me" 06 Triumph Daytona 675 last week. The ride home was phenomenal and it just keeps getting better! Decided that it was a great deal despite the cracked plastics here and there and the guy was super nice. He showed me everything on the bike, gave me all the records he had plus a service manual and he even told me to take it home and if I didn't like it to call before 9pm and he would take it back for full refund. Wow! Some upgrades include a fender eliminator kit, integrated tail light, aero windscreen, frame sliders, adjustable clutch and front brake levers, gel seat and a TOR slip on exhaust.

3t63G53Mc5G75r95sad6b82b033450b3f1d45_zp

3sf3J53H15L85F55Mad6b6f06676eccca1033_zp

3E33Nb3Hb5rc5E45M1d6b1d8155780007122f_zp

3J43qa3Na5L75J85t9d6bbc0460e7810a18f6_zp

The owner before the guy I got it from removed the exhaust flapper that regulated back pressure during lower rpm's, so the guy I got the bike from took it to Triumph of Janesville to get remapped. They did a good job, but it wasn't perfect. The bike had a flat spot hesitation between 4k and 6k rpm that was pretty annoying. I decided to buy a usb-to-obd2 cable and download a program called TuneECU. I was able to connect my laptop to the bike and see the fuel, ignition, afr maps. Looked to be a tad bit lean in that rpm range which would makes sense for the flat spot. I did some research and found a guy on the Triumph forums that posted his custom dyno tuned map. Even tho he was running a custom 2" exhaust and removed a bunch of stuff, I figured I would try his map out and see. I saved the original map just in case and uploaded his to my bike. Man what a difference!! It glides through the rpm's seamlessly and shifting is even smoother. Here is a comparison of the two maps.

Original Map

OriginalMap_zps236cbd6f.png

Dyno Tuned Map

Dave73Map_zps727d708f.png

Its an absolute blast to ride and am extremely happy I decided to get it. Got my 1200cc Buell up for sale too if anyone is interested.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

She is done (for now :P )!!!!!! Turned out better than I expected. I didn't think it looked too bad with a red tank, but with the tank painted white to match it looks killer to me. I will let the pictures do the talking tho.

Freshly painted tank

2013-08-02172352_zpsce5157e7.jpg

Bike complete and put back together

2013-08-02184506_zpsfb81b932.jpg

I'm going to be taking my bike.

I am definitely going to try and head over to Rockerbox tomorrow. I am busy till about 1pm, so I will most likely be there after then. If you wanna meet up let me know. Didn't know you had a bike. Anxious to see it.