WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Brew City Cruise Night Every Tuesday 5/7 thru 10/1

Jeff F

I'd like to invite everyone to come check out one of the Milwaukee-area's best cruise nights - Brew City Cruise Night at the Highland House restaurant in Mequon.  That's at the intersection of Port Washington Road and Highland Road, near Concordia University and MATC North Campus.

It's every Tuesday evening from 5:30 until the last car leaves.  First show is May 7th, last show is October 1.

You never know what you are going to see or who you are going to meet.  Last year we had an average of 88 cars show up each week, with about 1/3 nights having well over 100 cars there.  We have something for everyone - Euro cars, Asian cars, classic American muscle, new American muscle, street rods, rat rods, exotics, race cars, etc. Plus lots of friendly car people.  And $2 off food or drink (with a few minor restrictions).

We've had nights where 3 REAL Shelby Cobras show up.  A Cad-Allard J2.  Real Ford GT40 (not "new" GT.  1960's GT40). Ariel Atom.  Caterham 7.  Ferraris.  Lambos.  TWO Amphicars.  And that's just scratching the surface.  Each week's show has a theme but everyone is always encouraged to attend, the more the merrier!

Here's our website - http://www.brewcitycruisenight.com and we are also on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/BrewCityCruiseNight

Jeff

• 4 weeks later...

So I ended up attending last nights Brew City Cruise Night, and I'm glad I did.  I was just cruising around in the new E30 (testing the new brake job) and upon passing the Highland house I notice a parking lot full of awesome cars.  I pull in, and I'm greeted by a man with a coupon for $2 off tap beer for entering (couldn't refuse that) so in i went.  I park the BM and lo and behold, our very own Jeff F introduces himself to me (mind has been blown twice now) and gives me the lowdown.  I wandered around and found that everyone at the meet was very friendly and I enjoyed checking out the variety of cars in attendance.  I've been to the highland house a couple times before (sans car show) and I would recommend it on the drinks and dinner alone; now I really have a reason to go regularly.  I cant believe this cool event was under my nose, and I cant believe I just stumbled upon it.  Below are some crappy Iphone pics of the event (with a focus on the BMW's in attendance) for your pleasure.

IMG_0553.jpgIMG_0554.jpgIMG_0555.jpgIMG_0556.jpg  IMG_0557.jpg

The Ti in the middle had what i believe was an S52.

IMG_0558.jpg

I really wanted to talk to this porsche owner; I saw this car on sunday at Road America, and this thing makes some incredible turbo noises thanks to some short little zork tubes straight off the twin turbos.  Next time.

Hey Andrew, nice meeting you and your E30, thanks for the nice post and photos!  You are correct, that ti has an S62 (and is owned by Badger Bimmers' chief driving instructor; that gold E30 belongs to BMWCCA's national secretary), and the guy that owns that red 911 comes almost every week with a different turbocharged 911 of some sort or another.  He has a warehouse full of them!  And the guy with the E28 M5 also has a late-model 911 Turbo and an Acura NSX.  And on and on.

But the best thing is that everyone is super friendly and passionate about cars.

• 2 weeks later...

This goes for everyone here:

If you want to come to the show, come to the show.  I'm easy to find, introduce yourself and I'll shake your hand and apologize for my sins.  Then we can go look at some cars as if we were normal human beings.

If you don't want to come to the show, that's fine, too.

Thank you sir.  No apologies needed.  Just understand that there will be some off topic attempted humor throughout the site.  There is also a lot of intelligent conversation.

I doubt I'll have my 5 together this year, but might try to get down that way on the bike or something.

Looks like I've been outed on this forum before my very first post!  :D

Is this the gentleman I meet at Cars and Coffee in Lake Mills, with the super loud NSX? (The dude, who wagered his car was louder then the straight piped E28?)  If so, You definitely beat me on the loudness, and that tone was ungodly orgasmic. We heard you for miles!

Guest Whammy

Is this the gentleman I meet at Cars and Coffee in Lake Mills, with the super loud NSX? (The dude, who wagered his car was louder then the straight piped E28?)  If so, You definitely beat me on the loudness, and that tone was ungodly orgasmic. We heard you for miles!

Agreed!  It was awesome!!!

Guest M BADGER

Guilty as charged...

I told you it was loud!  :D

Guest norsairius

Ahhh, this looks awesome! I hope to make it out there sometime!!!

My car will hardly be interesting compared to others, but I'm always up for looking at some nice cars and talking about them!

Guest bimmer82

Was just there this past tuesday and saw a couple e30's there.. and that bmw Vixen camper.. Never knew they made those.. anyone else see that thing there?? I think its been around a couple times..