WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

1997 328ic (Build thread)

rampelsauce

So it begins.  On Friday, April 19th, 2013 I purchased an E36 and sold my beloved E30.  The Delphin is in good hands, so now I can focus on what I did with money.  I purchased this...

903623_10151442419398432_998290342_o.jpg

118K on the clock, and very very clean.  It's an auto-tragic, so I wont be too tempted to make more power (hopefully I don't get motivated to swap it).  Currently sitting on some snows wrapped around 16's, this baby could use some wheels, amongst other things.

Plans:

-Style 42's

-Clear corners, glass headlights, halos(maybe)

-Raceland coil setup to get lower

-M bumpers (of course)

-New top (it's been patched a couple few times)

-Exhaust because DAMN this thing is quiet.  It's eerie.

-Stereo could use a refurb/upgrade

Im sure other things will come to me as I go.  I plan on posting some additional before photos to show where the car started so you can all be amazed when it looks exactly the same in six months.  Haha, I really hope I'm kidding about that....

If I do swap it, I wont be trying to make power simply because it is a convertible, and therefore is only for swag and/or yolo.  I have my clear corners coming in the mail tomorrow, woo.  I am looking for a C43 or a CD43 head unit for this car asap.  Also, a set of good speakers.  If anyone has a lead on this, let me know.  More pictures soon after I saddle soap the entire interior.

If I do swap it, I wont be trying to make power simply because it is a convertible, and therefore is only for swag and/or yolo.  I have my clear corners coming in the mail tomorrow, woo.  I am looking for a C43 or a CD43 head unit for this car asap.  Also, a set of good speakers.  If anyone has a lead on this, let me know.  More pictures soon after I saddle soap the entire interior.

quite.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

So it's slowly coming along.  It's still riding high on 16" contour reps.  Early has some suspension for me, and TJ has some 42's for me.  This should all be coming together soon.  Im also looking into replacing the top.  Additionally, rumor around town is the good Mr. Morgan has vaders and a M-Bumper in primer.  I should be talking dollars with him soon.  

As you can see Im slowly picking at it.  I'll leave you with this campfire shot, looking straight monster truck status, taken on one of the last few nights out at the 415(RIP).

FB_IMG_13671218258638346_zps1b601bd3.jpg

• 2 months later...

Well, I have a set of M Parallel reps laying around so I decided to slap them on the car for the hell of it.  Here's how that turned out:

Also, one of my glass lenses inside of my passengers side headlight assembly came loose.  It's now leaning against the plastic inside the headlight.  Im pretty sick of this car.  Someone should buy it.

post-2584-0-63343300-1373984754_thumb.jp