WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Euro 528i back from the dead!

YoungCR

Finally getting around to my update from Saturday. So to make sure I had the core support lined up in the right spot I mocked up the front end by attaching the fenders to the body and then attaching the core support to the fenders.

post-2724-0-84231400-1366224223_thumb.jp

I had a little bit more cutting to do and turns out I trimmed out too much on the drivers side. Since none of this is structural and the only purpose of the core support is to hold the radiator in place along with the headlights, strength is not needed. Done the road this body work will be taken care of properly but for now its minimal effort where needed to get this on the road.

Driver's Side

post-2724-0-80603400-1366224325_thumb.jp

Passenger Side

post-2724-0-09276200-1366224344_thumb.jp

Passenger side Seam between the frame and core support matching up perfectly

post-2724-0-05590800-1366224374_thumb.jp

This is with the hood mocked up. She looks like a car again!

post-2724-0-96908600-1366224470_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

What are your plans for the M30 in the euro?

Get it running! Down the road I definantly wanna do meqasquirt seeing all the cool things you can do with it. Idk otherwise as to engine mods. This is my first "performance" car and having never done any enigne work except the timing belt on the m20, not really sure where to start. Figure I'll drive it unitl it gets boring then figure out ways to go faster.

Once I get this thing into a garage work will start!

• 7 months later...

Today was a good day as I pulled the euro out of storage!  :D

Here is where she has been sitting since July. Glad it was a nice, warm sunny day today as I spent about 1.5 hours loading it on the trailer by myself (no rear suspension makes it a lot of fun  :rolleyes:)

IMG 0011

Hauled up to the new shop in Port Washington, even got to unload it all inside  :cool:

IMG 0012

Cleaned off the snow and now its time to start wrenching!

IMG 0013

List of to do's to get this driving:
  • Reseal motor (if needed, hasn't run in almost 7 years not sure on condition)
  • Upgrade to Motronic 1.3 (in preparation for megasquirt down the road)
  • Install new clutch
  • Put in complete drivetrain/exhaust
  • Probably will install new suspension components
  • Put interior back in
  • Buy/Install euro headlights

Today was a good day as I pulled the euro out of storage!  :D

Here is where she has been sitting since July. Glad it was a nice, warm sunny day today as I spent about 1.5 hours loading it on the trailer by myself (no rear suspension makes it a lot of fun  :rolleyes:)

Hauled up to the new shop in Port Washington, even got to unload it all inside  :cool:
Cleaned off the snow and now its time to start wrenching!
List of to do's to get this driving:
  • Reseal motor (if needed, hasn't run in almost 7 years not sure on condition)
  • Upgrade to Motronic 1.3 (in preparation for megasquirt down the road)
  • Install new clutch
  • Put in complete drivetrain/exhaust
  • Probably will install new suspension components
  • Put interior back in
  • Buy/Install euro headlights

GOOD MAN

Looks good Chris. I wish I had a shop like that.

I'm gonna out grow this pretty quick though! The spot to the right of the euro is for the other car and that's all I got (basically a two car garage). I'll have some storage space on the big racks but still I have a lot of parts and I'm planning on getting more  :rolleyes: Plan is to have my garage emptied out next weekend and get all set up and then I'll have you guys over  ;)

Looks good Chris. I wish I had a shop like that.

I'm gonna out grow this pretty quick though! The spot to the right of the euro is for the other car and that's all I got (basically a two car garage). I'll have some storage space on the big racks but still I have a lot of parts and I'm planning on getting more  :rolleyes: Plan is to have my garage emptied out next weekend and get all set up and then I'll have you guys over  ;)

Holding you to it!

Where does one find euro e28 headlights I really want them on my e28

I've seen sets of grills and headlights going for $250 on ebay pretty consistently, although I'll see if I can get some shipped over cheaper.

Cool, I offered the PO $500 for that car 5 years ago.  At the time it was down near UWM.  Glad to see you bringing it back to life.

Basically what I paid for the car minus the interior and rare euro parts :( That can all be replaced though!