WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Euro 528i back from the dead!

YoungCR

Whatt?? Chris worked on a car today?? 

So I finally drove up to see Brian for his part-out and bought the original interior for this car back. He also hooked me up with some other random goodies I needed like a good windshield, radiator and a '85 535i instrument cluster. It was a late night as I left for Oshkosh around 7 and got back after midnight with a suburban full of E28 parts.

IMG 0014

Cleared all the crap I had thrown in the car out if it

IMG 0015 (1)

I figured before I put in the carpet I should take car of the stereo situation. Looking at the car there was basically nothing left of the original stereo harness and just some speaker wire running around on the floor :( I saved a premium sound system harness from my first E28 part out so I figured this would be a good application for it. Since this is a early model car they didn't have the option for it yet so there is no mounts under the rear deck for the amp and I'll have to run the wiring through the front doors for the door tweeters.

IMG 0017 (2)

IMG 0018 (2)

Surprisingly for having stored this car outside for 8 months with open windows there was no water damage in the interior! The car cover did its job. The floor pans on this car look like new.

IMG 0019 (1)

Got the back seat and rear decklid in

IMG 0020 (1)

535i cluster seems to be working! I've never seen green service indicator lights on in one of my E28's haha

IMG 0021 (1)

The head unit had power but didnt turn on, I think this is because I didn't have the harness wired into the ignition yet.

IMG 0022 (2)

Front seats are in but I need more mounting bolts.

IMG 0023 (2)

I also visited Merl today and he kindly donated his old 535i front exhaust section. It probably won't bolt up to the M30B28 manifolds but maybe the B35 mani's. That or I'll chop it up and make it work somehow. 

IMG 0024 (2)

So that's it for now. I mainly put the interior in today because I'm moving (again) so that means this car will be on the back burner till I get things set up in Madison. Looking forward to having more space and all my parts in one place.