WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

subs

Guest 92e36

Guest 92e36

Is there anyone else who has subwoofers in their car or am I the only douche that does? I have two 12" kickers crammed in my trunk with a 1000 watt amp. The women like it tho so that's a plus! Hahaha

Guest 92e36

I've heard those are really nice and clean sounding bass I had fosgates but decided to tryout the kickers and I really like them they hit hard and are crisp a lot if twelves have a problem with hitting the high bass but not these they are good all around

Guest 92e36

I havethe factory M-Audio subs in mine.  They are OK at best.

I've always been curious on how those sound but I'm sure BMW wouldn't put them as an option if they sucked...

What I have found, is that I could have any car with anything in it and if I'm in it as well, the women don't like it.

I havethe factory M-Audio subs in mine.  They are OK at best.

What I have found, is that I could have any car with anything in it and if I'm in it as well, the women don't like it.

I've always been curious on how those sound but I'm sure BMW wouldn't put them as an option if they sucked...

I think they were awesome back in 99 or 2000 when they were developed.  Mine are over 10 years old now, so whether they were good or bad when they were new doesn't translate to the performance of a 10 year old factory woofer.

^Yes and no Brian. Here in Madison, every black person has a sound system. My buddy has a Ford Focus, that has a 8,000 watt stereo setup in it, 4,000watts just for subs, the other 2K is for all the door speakers/tweeters. That thing is a mother fucking concert on wheels. Hits so god damn hard.

^Yes and no Brian. Here in Madison, every black person has a sound system. My buddy has a Ford Focus, that has a 8,000 watt stereo setup in it, 4,000watts just for subs, the other 2K is for all the door speakers/tweeters. That thing is a mother fucking concert on wheels. Hits so god damn hard.

*Shakes head at Brian* lol

I don't that car audio is getting less popular, its more that stock audio systems are on a different level then they used to be. The base F30 system has everything I'd want for my listening needs and the Harmon Kardon option is even better.

Also, the way they have the sound system integrated int othe cars these days, both physically and electronically, it's much harder to do a clean, functional, high quality system without a TON of custom work.

Very very true. No way could I put a nice double din head unit into my moms car. 2000 and older basically lol.

Guest 92e36

I've had subs in every vehicle I have owned. I'm just to used to them being in my vehicle that the stock stereos just don't cut it for me and also only being 21 and having no kids I can still enjoy it for a few more years I usually listen to rock but I will listen to the occasional rap song when I'm in the mood loland no not solja boy or any idiotic crap like that the song has to have some sort of meaning and make sense lol

Its not so much about having it turned up loud.. music all music just sounds better with a bit of base. Same with home audio. Watch a movie or listen to music with a surround sound system with no powered subwoofer. Its sounds flat and tweety. Add a sub or two and feel the movie or music. Like was said b4 it adds depth not just noise.