WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

I need a vote!!

Rowleym

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, that vert has a LSD :D perfect for winter..

BMW's aren't maintenance free. But I did not HAVE to replace anything besides oil changes. The rest I did voluntarily=) Also, ladies like any car that is shiny or looks nice. They don't know a Daewoo from a Buggati usually. And LSD is a common e36 winter package bonus=P It'd work well with snows.

LSD is a common e36 winter package bonus=P It'd work well with snows.

Mine had the LSD and handles great in the winter on all seasons, so you should have no problems with a set of blizzaks on there. My e36 was great on maintenance, just highmileage stuff went out like the fuel pump, starter and power steering pump this last week. Thats its for 2 years of ownership and I bought a shit box too :rolleyes: So that says something. Otherwise like Earl said get a camry or civic.

See that's the thing. The two guys that got me into tuning both have had audi's forever. They both currently have a4's. one with 160k(b5) on it, and one with 100k(b6) on it. They both love them to death and they haven't given them troubles except coils. They just keep a couple extra on hand. They are like 30$ a pop or something.

God dammit people I need a better excuse to leave my vw for a BMW. The only thing I have so far is ease of maintenance in comparison to my vw fwd car, and reliability. Cost of parts are probably the same, and my mom says rwd cars are dangerous for me(I got a ticket drifting in a Acura mdx...) so That's why awd is easy to sell for her! Too bad bmw's awd system is expensive.

God dammit people I need a better excuse to leave my vw for a BMW. The only thing I have so far is ease of maintenance in comparison to my vw fwd car, and reliability. Cost of parts are probably the same, and my mom says rwd cars are dangerous for me(I got a ticket drifting in a Acura mdx...) so That's why awd is easy to sell for her! Too bad bmw's awd system is expensive.

Volkswagen/Audis are a pain to work on in comparison to BMW's. They also seem to be more expensive for some reason. By far more expensive than e36's. RWD cars are dangerous if you're a redline running, drift king of the cul-de-sac. I don't believe you are so you shopuld be fine.

Volkswagen/Audis are a pain to work on in comparison to BMW's. They also seem to be more expensive for some reason. By far more expensive than e36's. RWD cars are dangerous if you're a redline running, drift king of the cul-de-sac. I don't believe you are so you shopuld be fine.

I spend Wayyy to much time sideways during the winter. Precisely why my mother thinks its a bad idea. I consider myself a pretty decent driver, and ive known how to handle rwd cars for ages. Every car needs maintenance, but not all cars are easy to do that maintenance. That's why I think the BMW comes out on top. Rwd cars are just easy to work on.

Earl thats cause you did it wrong and got a boring one. i <3 my mk3 vr6. its a blast to drive.

and that ix will be in excellent shape. its a friend of piku's brother and i guess that guy has never owned a car that wasnt an e30..

My vr6 rips. I do have a few mods though. Really a fun car in general. I just hate fwd. honestly if it wasn't fwd, I would keep it for a very long time.