WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

I need a vote!!

Rowleym

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think any car driven in Wisconsin through the whole year can be expected to win any beauty contests but as long as the chassis isn't rusted through and whatever existing rust is easily repairable then I wouldn't hesitate to grab it. Rust bubbles on the brake lines are something to look out for.

I just need a car to drive during the winter, and my mother has to enjoy driving it too. Why? Because 1.) The title is in her safety deposit box- bad decision on my part. 2.) she's helping me with college and that gives her the right to do whatever the hell she wants with my possessions. Also, I can't stand having rust visible, and a rip in the seat is kind of a downer.

Mitch, the fact this stupid decision has reached 11 pages, means you're not doing your research on how shitty audi's are, how difficult they are to work on, and how much better a BMW is to maintain/daily drive. Is saddening. Get a bmw or a fuckin' honda. VW/Audi's are garbage. Earl's said so. Tony's just blinded by the VAG scene so hard since this is VW #2 in a row.

'jus sayin

Mitch, the fact this stupid decision has reached 11 pages, means you're not doing your research on how shitty audi's are, how difficult they are to work on, and how much better a BMW is to maintain/daily drive. Is saddening. Get a bmw or a fuckin' honda. VW/Audi's are garbage. Earl's said so. Tony's just blinded by the VAG scene so hard since this is VW #2 in a row.

'jus sayin

Dude I've done tons of research on it. Everyone who bashes on it, doesn't have anything to back it up. 1.8t's are great engines if you know what to look out for. Overall, they are great cars but some people think they are driving a Honda and don't do necessary things. I would love to drive a nice clean e36, but I have yet to find one. There are more manual Quattro 1.8t's out there that's why I got all excited about them.

The 1.8T poops the bed when using the VW/Audi recommended oil and oil change interval. It is a design flaw. One of many. I had someone come to me years ago with an A4 with noisy rod-bearings. I didn't even have to investigate the issue to know that it was an oil sludge issue.

"Audi and Volkswagen Class Action Settlement Reached In Class Action Lawsuit Over Alleged Oil Sludge In Model Year 1997-2004 Audi A4 Vehicles and Model Year 2004 Volkswagen Passat Vehicles Equipped With 1.8 Liter Engines.

A class action settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit pending against Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. f/k/a Volkswagen of America, Inc., Volkwagen AG and Audi AG (collectively “Defendants”) in the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts (Boston) (styled In Re Volkswagen and Audi Warranty Extension Litigation, Civil Action Case No. 1:07-md-01790-JLT), alleging, among other things, that the 1.8 liter turbo engines installed in model year 1997-2004 Audi A4 vehicles and model year 1998-2004 Volkwagen Passat vehicles are prone to the formation of oil sludge and coking deposits even when maintained according to the recommended maintenance intervals and oil quality specifications and that the August 2004 Extended Oil Sludge Warranty (8 years/unlimited mileage) violated applicable consumer protection laws, according to the class action settlement agreement and settlement notice.

The Audi A4 & Volkswagen VW Passat 1.8 liter engine oil sludge settlement class reportedly consists of the following persons, unless otherwise excluded:

All current and former owners and lessess of model year 1997-2004 Audi A4 vehicles or model year 1998-2004 Volkwagen Passat vehicles equipped with the 1.8 liter turbo engine (collectively, ”Settlement Class Vehicles”) imported or distributed for sale or lease in the United States by Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.

The Audi A4 & Volkswagen VW Passat 1.8 liter engine oil sludge class action settlement reportedly provides that Audi and Volkswagen will cover 100 percent of the maintenance costs for owners/lessees with proper documentation of required oil changes, and 50 percent for those without proper documentation. The Audi A4 & Volkswagen VW Passat class action settlement also reportedly provides Audi and Volkswagen owners and lessees eligibility for a 10-year/120,000 mile enhanced oil sludge warranty."

Edited by Snap Understeer

Actually it isn't. It's the sedan version of a E30, so track thing is not exactly ideal. And drifting? I'll argue that with you all day everyday. S-chassis will forever dominate that spectrum.. ;P

All e30's are sedans. Why do you think they made the sports sedan category? Haha. But yes, 4 doors are are better for the track I think. You can weld the doors for more structural rigidity, and I'm pretty sure they are more rigid stock? I think being able to put another set of tires in the back seat is bad ass. Also, drifting as a hobby is normally done on a budget right? Find me a decent s chassis for 500$

All e30's are sedans. Why do you think they made the sports sedan category? Haha. But yes, 4 doors are are better for the track I think. You can weld the doors for more structural rigidity, and I'm pretty sure they are more rigid stock? I think being able to put another set of tires in the back seat is bad ass. Also, drifting as a hobby is normally done on a budget right? Find me a decent s chassis for 500$

In theory you get more torsional rigidity with a 4dr since the door area is smaller and you have a shorter unsupported distance for the roof and unibody.

If this thread derails into a war of coupe vs. sedan semantics I will ban you all.

In theory you get more torsional rigidity with a 4dr since the door area is smaller and you have a shorter unsupported distance for the roof and unibody.

If this thread derails into a war of coupe vs. sedan semantics I will ban you all.

No one tracks a completely stock car. Sedans weigh more, and you can buy torsion bars, frame stiffening stuff if you wanna track it. Just saying.

How the hell did you get any car with 20k miles on it for 800$. That's like impossible. Sexual favors? Hahaha.

Also, this is what Nando from r3v said. He's a very respected moderator by the way.

"all E30s are sedans. Who do you think invented the sports sedan category? they didn't make a 3 series coupe until the E36."

Touring doesn't count by the way haha

No one tracks a completely stock car. Sedans weigh more, and you can buy torsion bars, frame stiffening stuff if you wanna track it. Just saying.

Haha the 325is 2 door weights 10 pounds less. 2 door e30 is definitely not superior on the track. Less rigid, and once you cage it, it's a lot easier to get into the back.